Reasons to upgrade fast internet?

LuukvanA

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could think of some reasons to convince my parents to upgrade our internet.

Since for 10 euros extra our download speed will go from 60Mbit/s to 150Mbit/s. 

I will pay the extra 10 euros myself but still my parents aren't convinced...

The only problem is that almost all of our devices connect to the internet via wifi (Our routers: Max +-35 Mbit/s)

The only devices connected via ethernet are my PC and the PC that is downstairs which is barely used.

Other information:

- I like to download (newsgroups unlimited speed)

- Devices connected to wifi: 6 smartphones, 1 iPad, 1 Printer, 2 laptops, 2 consoles.

- I have 2 routers, 1 downstairs and 1 in my room (2nd floor), both have the same SSID, password and settings, so if i walk upstairs i don't have to switch between routers, (Wifi devices see them as 1 router) they are connected to each other via Ethernet. (If you don't understand what I mean just ask me;) )

- House size: Medium-big

So if you guys have any idea for reasons why upgrading is a good idea please let me know;)

Thanks in advance, Luuk

|| CPU: Core i7 3770k @ 4.6gHz || RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mHz || GPU: nVidia GTX 670 ||

... i need to move i have 5Mbit/s.......

Insomnia!

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

Faster speed is more better.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

why do you need a reason to buy the fastest available internet?

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

why do you need a reason to buy the fastest available internet?

I don't need a reason for it but my parents do, just faster is better doesn't work for them...

|| CPU: Core i7 3770k @ 4.6gHz || RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mHz || GPU: nVidia GTX 670 ||

... i need to move i have 5Mbit/s.......

I have 3Mb

I have 1Mb

POOR GUYS!! :huh:.....  

No seriously, that is f***d-up slow...

they are parent's they will not understand unless they are power users.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

netflix 1080p, while downloading, while gaming, while eveveryone uses the internet seems like a good reason :P 10 Euros for that massive increase is amazing. just do it

netflix 1080p, while downloading, while gaming, while eveveryone uses the internet seems like a good reason :P 10 Euros for that massive increase is amazing. just do it

THAT is a comment I can do something with!!! Thank you for your comment!

My version of it: So i can do all my things while you(my parents), my little brother and little sisters are on the internet too doing their own stuff.

I will let you know if they agree!

Luuk

THAT is a comment I can do something with!!! Thank you for your comment!

My version of it: So i can do all my things while you(my parents), my little brother and little sisters are on the internet too doing their own stuff.

I will let you know if they agree!

Luuk

rofl no problem man

although u may not be able to take full advantage of all of it considering i dont know how good your routers are.

rofl no problem man

although u may not be able to take full advantage of all of it considering i dont know how good your routers are.

Well my PC is connected via Gigabit ethernet to the modem so let's say I download at 8 MByte/s and the rest of the house can use the 2 wifi routers that approximetely can send out 3.5 MByte/s I will probably take full advantage of my internet speed. Or do I miss something?

I think I have the answer!

More > Less

Good old fashioned maths :) Never leads you wrong. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Well my PC is connected via Gigabit ethernet to the modem so let's say I download at 8 MByte/s and the rest of the house can use the 2 wifi routers that approximetely can send out 3.5 MByte/s I will probably take full advantage of my internet speed. Or do I miss something?

yea you definitly will but u might be bottlenecked by the routers wirelessly. its not a big deal as long as u have gigabit in though :P

Is DHCP activated on both routers or is one of them set up as an acess point? Having 2 DHCP routers is idiotic and is only going to create problems...

Is DHCP activated on both routers or is one of them set up as an acess point? Having 2 DHCP routers is idiotic and is only going to create problems...

The router downstairs is the main router and the DHCP server, the router upstairs has the DHCP server option turned off.

No problems whatsoever with the 2 routers since I installed them in this config.

On Topic: my parents finally, after 2 hours of discussing, agreed!

Internet speed now:

2998765636.jpg

*looks at speedtest*

Hey, 18/2? what were you talking about. That's only about 2x faster than mi....

*sees MB/s*

:(

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

*looks at speedtest*

Hey, 18/2? what were you talking about. That's only about 2x faster than mi....

*sees MB/s*

:(

Haha I'm sorry man!