PC no longer powers on! Help!

Imglidinhere
Go to solution Solved by Monkeypeas,

the orientation of the + and - on the power switch wont make any difference, but make sure they are all in the correct place, make sure everything is plugged in where it should be, the switch on the back of the psu is on, try a different psu cable, try a different wall socket, if nothing you do makes it power on, or atleast get some reaction out of it, then it points to a dead motherboard

this is all asuming it does nothing when you press the power switch, i'e no lights turn on, no fans spin etc.

So as the title says, I've been unable to manage to get this machine to power on and it's been like this for about two weeks. It did work for a time before this; I managed to boot up, stress test the parts and ensure it was all good and even install Windows 10. Worked for a solid few months and then... just refused to power on one morning! I've since swapped out the PSU with another working unit and still get nothing. I noticed whoever built it had inserted the connectors for the power and reset buttons opposite to what they were supposed to be. I.E. Positive to negative and vice-versa. Could that have had a negative impact on the motherboard and just fried it?

Specs of the machine are:

AMD FX-6300 CPU
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Mobo
16GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 RAM
1TB Western Digital Blue HDD
EVGA 600w PSU

Any ideas?

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

the orientation of the + and - on the power switch wont make any difference, but make sure they are all in the correct place, make sure everything is plugged in where it should be, the switch on the back of the psu is on, try a different psu cable, try a different wall socket, if nothing you do makes it power on, or atleast get some reaction out of it, then it points to a dead motherboard

this is all asuming it does nothing when you press the power switch, i'e no lights turn on, no fans spin etc.

Wiring the power switches the wrong way will literally effect nothing. It is 2 bits of wires that are not connected, when you push down the button it connects the 2 wires together.

If you plug in the LED's the wrong way you will just have no lights.

If your PC stopped turning on out of nowhere, you probably haven't done anything wrong, something probably died.

Just to eliminate a faulty switch, try manually jumping the power pins on the motherboard with a key or something. 

My brother in law had a faulty power switch a few months ago. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

Alrighty then! Tested the connectors and it's a dead motherboard! Much appreciated guys! :D

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260