Your Perfect Phone

4 hours ago, Thorium19 said:

take the HTC 10, give it a 1440p AMOLED display, the screen from a moto x force and IP68 rating and that's pretty much my perfect phone.

The shatterproof screen gets scratched easily though. 

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

8 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

The shatterproof screen gets scratched easily though. 

Oh that's fine, because you can peel up the first plastic layer and replace it easier than a gorilla glass display

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

1 hour ago, Thorium19 said:

Oh that's fine, because you can peel up the first plastic layer and replace it easier than a gorilla glass display

But then it'll crack.

Specs:

2 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

But then it'll crack.

no, you replace the plastic layer with another plastic layer, doing that will be easier than trying to fix the display on say a galaxy s7, because you just need to peel up and stick back down, instead of unscrewing it or using a heat gun (i.e. sony z series)

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

3 minutes ago, Thorium19 said:

no, you replace the plastic layer with another plastic layer, doing that will be easier than trying to fix the display on say a galaxy s7, because you just need to peel up and stick back down, instead of unscrewing it or using a heat gun (i.e. sony z series)

I'm confused... Whatever. I quit.

Specs:

Asus PhonePad with decent specs running Windows. GIEFV!

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

My ideal phone is unfortunately one that has no chance of existing any time soon.

Screen: 5" 720p minimum, 1080p maximum - OLED preferable, LED acceptable

Speakers: Dual side-firing speakers mounted top and bottom (identical to BlackBerry Z30)

Body: BlackBerry Z30, built out of metal instead of plastic. Also has a slider mechanism to facilitate a slide-out keyboard like the Priv - only good

OS: An improved version of BlackBerry 10 with an updated Android runtime (Lollipop minimum) and (though this is impossible) Google Play Services

Battery: 3500mAh minimum

I love BlackBerry 10. As an OS, I still feel it's far better than either Android or iOS. But without an updated Android runtime and support for Google Play Services, it just doesn't have good enough app support.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

zte-axon-7_0.jpg

QHD Super Amoled 5.5 inches diplay (Samsung provided ofc :P)

Snapdragon 820 processor with Cat 6. LTE (i supose its only up to Cat.6 altough the cpu supports Cat.12/Cat.13 :/)

4GB + 64GB or 6GB + 128GB of ram and storage (Samsung provided again :P)

Dual Front Facing Grills with independent AKM 4961 (Audio/Voice DSP) + 4490 (DAC) chips that support friggin Dolby Atmos Surround technology! Even the 3.5mm headphone Jack is powered by the 4490 :O!

USB 3.0 Type C Connector (Gotta be faster :))

What they claim to be the fastest fingerprint sensor in the market (hopefully more accurate than Samsung ones...), but well see about that.

20 Mpx (Samsung provided ISOCELL f1.8 again... wth is this a Samsung S7 with an extra +0.1f aperture, just to differentiate a little bit ripoff? Well, thats good tough :P) with PDAF, OIS "if it were 5-Axis, would be pretty kewl", Dual tone flash and 4K 30fps or 720p 240fps slow-mo video. And a ton of camera features, gestures, filters and what-not for video! An 8 megapixel front facing camera, with nothing special to talk about other than it can take selfies and shoot video! Hopefully that voice chip makes this a wonderful beast to capture sound!

Force Touch and Always On Mode display with the 6GB + 128GB model variant! 

Wonderful build quality, designed by BMW DesignWorks and for what it is, a super sturdy aluminium shell!

Near stock android with 36 months of screen shatter, replacement for free (Oh yeah baby) :D, not to mention its actual 2 year warranty.

To finish it off, a healthy 3140 mAh battery that supports Q.C 3.0 and a micro sd/dual sim hybrid tray.

Seriously, whats not to like about this phone? Is the company name dubious or suggests chinese spies using your phone? Nope! Theyr opening 23 new stores worldwide and they made it very clear that they expect to ender the flagship market soon. Hope they can do it, because if they made a phone like this for theyr 1st time, imagine what theyr future phones could be like O-O! Anyways, sub 650€ for the 6 GB + 128 GB version, is totally worth.

Groomlake Authority

35 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

zte-axon-7_0.jpg

QHD Super Amoled 5.5 inches diplay (Samsung provided ofc :P)

Snapdragon 820 processor with Cat 6. LTE (i supose its only up to Cat.6 altough the cpu supports Cat.12/Cat.13 :/)

4GB + 64GB or 6GB + 128GB of ram and storage (Samsung provided again :P)

Dual Front Facing Grills with independent AKM 4961 (Audio/Voice DSP) + 4490 (DAC) chips that support friggin Dolby Atmos Surround technology! Even the 3.5mm headphone Jack is powered by the 4490 :O!

USB 3.0 Type C Connector (Gotta be faster :))

What they claim to be the fastest fingerprint sensor in the market (hopefully more accurate than Samsung ones...), but well see about that.

20 Mpx (Samsung provided ISOCELL f1.8 again... wth is this a Samsung S7 with an extra +0.1f aperture, just to differentiate a little bit ripoff? Well, thats good tough :P) with PDAF, OIS "if it were 5-Axis, would be pretty kewl", Dual tone flash and 4K 30fps or 720p 240fps slow-mo video. And a ton of camera features, gestures, filters and what-not for video! An 8 megapixel front facing camera, with nothing special to talk about other than it can take selfies and shoot video! Hopefully that voice chip makes this a wonderful beast to capture sound!

Force Touch and Always On Mode display with the 6GB + 128GB model variant! 

Wonderful build quality, designed by BMW DesignWorks and for what it is, a super sturdy aluminium shell!

Near stock android with 36 months of screen shatter, replacement for free (Oh yeah baby) :D, not to mention its actual 2 year warranty.

To finish it off, a healthy 3140 mAh battery that supports Q.C 3.0 and a micro sd/dual sim hybrid tray.

Seriously, whats not to like about this phone? Is the company name dubious or suggests chinese spies using your phone? Nope! Theyr opening 23 new stores worldwide and they made it very clear that they expect to ender the flagship market soon. Hope they can do it, because if they made a phone like this for theyr 1st time, imagine what theyr future phones could be like O-O! Anyways, sub 650€ for the 6 GB + 128 GB version, is totally worth.

Battery's a little small imo.

Specs:

45 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

ZTE is a chinese company 

5 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

ZTE is a chinese company 

So? Apple makes their phones in china. I've bought plenty of nice chinese products.

Specs:

1 minute ago, BingoFishy said:

So? Apple makes their phones in china. I've bought plenty of nice chinese products.

He claims that ZTE isn't made by Chinese spies because Huawei has this stigma that because it's made and owned by a Chinese company, they're spying on you, but ZTE is based in China as well. It's most likely nothing to worry about, but it's much different than having parts sourced from many different companies and assembled in China. 

1 hour ago, kurahk7 said:

-snip-

Considering 95% of all smartphones are made in china and at least 50% of parts from every phone in the entire world are made in china, thats a really dumb analysis. If they intended to stay in China, they wouldnt advertise this phone as "global", would they? Xiaomi never said the Mi5 would be a global launch, which it wasnt. Instead, they omitted the Mi5 Pro from grey market retailers and the smartphone itself stayed very short from expectations. JerryRigEverything rates the phone as a Sogy Graham Cracker and thats because its poorly built. Okay, my point is, literally everything is made in China and considering how intelligent and commited the chinese people are, i dont see it as a bad thing. Its a good phone. Huawei itself is chinese and is literally now compared to Apple and Samsung in Europe, just because they came with the P9 which isnt that great of a phone to begin with, but theyr super advertising and Leica branding made it a top choice nowadays. The P9 Plus is a great phone nonetheless, its counterpart not so much. I didnt claim ZTE wasnt chinese and i have absolutely 0 grudge or hatred for theyr work. Consumers need to be aware of security and if they are, no problems will occur. The chinese, are more trustworthy than the likes of Samsung repair service for sure... by a million times at least.

Groomlake Authority

It would be nice to see a company that doesn't keep trying to make thinner phones.  They already are thin enough.  Just think of what Samsung could have added if the phone was merely 2 mm thicker?  They could have increased the camera sensor size, and added a larger battery.  It would have been a bit more ergonomic too (I find the S7 too thin).  Also, a 1080p screen is so much easier to drive than a 1440p.

On a side note, what is the appeal of thin bezels?  The keyboards feel cramped and my thenars somehow touch the screen. :(