S7 vs Nexus 6P

TEHDARKSIDE
Go to solution Solved by EunSoo,

Get the S7 if you want Physical features, such as waterproofing. Also, if you do a lot of physical store shopping, Samsung pay is awesome. Not sure if you have heard of it, but you can literally swipe your phone wherever it is physically possible. Not sure when it is coming out in the UK, but if this phone is meant to last a while and it is worth it, then I would look into the s7, my brother has the s6 (which has samsung pay) and that is one of his main reasons he loves it. If you also want the best phone camera you can buy, then get the s7. Like @Aytex said, you could probably get cyanogen mod on the s7, which basically makes it stock android + some extra stuff.

The Nexus 6p is also a great option. It does everything great. While it is not on-par with the s7 on many aspects, it is usually close behind and is an all-around fantastic phone. if you want stock android with no hassle, then get this phone. The camera is great, battery life is still great (It can last me the whole day of constant gaming, web surfing and texting use with around 15% left). And the fingerprint reader is awesome. You will never use the lock button again, except to turn it off. Its fast and in a very ergonomic place on the back. 

Both phones are great options and you won't be disappointed with either of them. They have thier own features and they all are worth it. I love my Nexus 6p and I don't have any major complaints. While my brother has the s6, they are very similar, and he loves his. So get whatever features you would appreciate the most.

Hi, 

So I have been looking into a new phone, my current one (motorola moto g 2013) battery is dying, and I'm in need of a new one. So I'm in between the nexus 6P and the Galaxy S7. 

The reasons I want the 6P is because it's stock Android and I get updates on the day if release as well and touch wizz doesn't look as nice in my opinion as the material of stock , since it's slightly older I can pick it up cheap off of eBay and the on screen buttons as I have grown used to them, but I'm willing to go back to capacitive buttons.  

The reasons why I want to get  the S7 is because of the longer battery, waterproof and dustproof, Expandable storage is a big deal for me as I use a lot of storage because of tv shows and my music library, I can get a better range of cases as it's more of a popular phone,   the battery is also bigger than the 6p, and it takes micro usb and I have a lot of them lying around. 

So I'm kinda stuck,  can anybody tell me their experiences with these two phones?  

Any help is appreciated, 

Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

are you getting them unlocked? if unlocked you can breezily root the s7 to cyanogenmod

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Yes I will,  but I don't really want to void the warranty on a £550 phone 

Get the S7 if you want Physical features, such as waterproofing. Also, if you do a lot of physical store shopping, Samsung pay is awesome. Not sure if you have heard of it, but you can literally swipe your phone wherever it is physically possible. Not sure when it is coming out in the UK, but if this phone is meant to last a while and it is worth it, then I would look into the s7, my brother has the s6 (which has samsung pay) and that is one of his main reasons he loves it. If you also want the best phone camera you can buy, then get the s7. Like @Aytex said, you could probably get cyanogen mod on the s7, which basically makes it stock android + some extra stuff.

The Nexus 6p is also a great option. It does everything great. While it is not on-par with the s7 on many aspects, it is usually close behind and is an all-around fantastic phone. if you want stock android with no hassle, then get this phone. The camera is great, battery life is still great (It can last me the whole day of constant gaming, web surfing and texting use with around 15% left). And the fingerprint reader is awesome. You will never use the lock button again, except to turn it off. Its fast and in a very ergonomic place on the back. 

Both phones are great options and you won't be disappointed with either of them. They have thier own features and they all are worth it. I love my Nexus 6p and I don't have any major complaints. While my brother has the s6, they are very similar, and he loves his. So get whatever features you would appreciate the most.