Cities: Skylines with 4 cores?

Fortress
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Skylines is very cpu dependent so i bet you will see an improvement!!!;):)

I'm gonna upgrade my G3258 to an I5-4690 (non-K, quad-core CPU) since Cities: Skylines doesn't play very well with my current CPU. Will I see a difference in performance? Because if not, then I'll probably stick with my G3258. Help is always appreciated!

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

Skylines is very cpu dependent so i bet you will see an improvement!!!;):)

yes. its a very CPU based game so you will absolutely see an increase in performance :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Works fine with my i5-4690, CPU usage is kinda high, if you let time past 3x faster, but thats normal, because all the routes and CIMs have to simulated each on its own faster.

Just played it again;)

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

1 minute ago, annoyingmoments said:

Works fine with my i5-4690, CPU usage is kinda high, if you let time past 3x faster, but thats normal.

Just played it again;)

Does the game run smoothly in 1x speed? I only use 1x speed since I like to observe things around my city (lol)

Has a Ph.D in Nothing and does not speak Chinese, Italian or French. (aber ich kann Deutsch sprechen)

1 minute ago, Fortress said:

Does the game run smoothly in 1x speed? I only use 1x speed since I like to observe things around my city (lol)

Well it runs very smooth, even in 2x and 3x, but sometimes if you change into 3x it has to think a short moment. After that it runs smooth aswell.

In 1x speed it will run very smooth, do not worry. The i5-4690 is the second highest i5 in Intels Haswell lineup only topped by the 4690K.

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home