Only Require Login Password During Time Intervals

sulylunat

Hi,

So was just wondering if there was a way within Windows for my system to not require my login password during a certain time frame ONLY.

I need to be able to have a 10 minute window or so where my computer is able to restart and load up my desktop in order to start all the programs and servers that I have configured to work at startup. I would like all of this to take place whilst I am asleep ideally so that the PC is available to use and my media server is accessible without me needing to touch my computer.

I already have the restart bit figured out through Eventghost, so the password issue is the only thing stopping me from moving forward.

In short, I want my PC to not require my password for a 10 minute window of my choosing.

Settings within windows 10 Pro are preferred, but I am willing to download a trusted 3rd party app if it is required.

Thanks

You can enable a pin which makes it a little faster. You could also setup something like a Yubikey. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=yubikey

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

4 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

You can enable a pin which makes it a little faster. You could also setup something like a Yubikey. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=yubikey

The pin would still require me to enter text which isnt what I want. The YubiKey could work however. If I left it plugged in to my PC and restarted my computer, would it sign in automatically, or would I still need to perform the first logon manually?

1 minute ago, sulylunat said:

The pin would still require me to enter text which isnt what I want. The YubiKey could work however. If I left it plugged in to my PC and restarted my computer, would it sign in automatically, or would I still need to perform the first logon manually?

You can setup windows to automatically login with a password on boot.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    

why do you need the PC to restart

just leave it on 24/7

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Kryptyx said:

You can setup windows to automatically login with a password on boot.

Would you be able to give me instructions on this? Cant seem to find the right information with google.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

why do you need the PC to restart

just leave it on 24/7

I dont like having it on 24/7 as I have an issue with my RAM usage going to stupid amounts of usage even when I am not doing anything (16 out of 24GB being used). Rebooting my system seems to be the only way to get my RAM clear again. Even if I only restarted once a week I would be happy, as the RAM issue seems to occur after a few days of my system being on.

1 minute ago, sulylunat said:

Would you be able to give me instructions on this? Cant seem to find the right information with google.

I dont like having it on 24/7 as I have an issue with my RAM usage going to stupid amounts of usage even when I am not doing anything (16 out of 24GB being used). Rebooting my system seems to be the only way to get my RAM clear again. Even if I only restarted once a week I would be happy, as the RAM issue seems to occur after a few days of my system being on.

http://www.howtogeek.com/112919/how-to-make-your-windows-8-computer-logon-automatically/

2 minutes ago, sulylunat said:

thats called a memory leak and you fix it by clean installing windows

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Kryptyx said:

This worked great. Thanks for the assistance good sir.

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

thats called a memory leak and you fix it by clean installing windows

Hmm... Ive been looking for a name to put to the issue... Ive been planning on a reinstall for a while now as I had a feeling that would fix the issue but was going to wait to get my m.2 drive before clean installing. Maybe I'll just do it now anyway. Anyway, thanks for the info.

2 minutes ago, sulylunat said:

Hmm... Ive been looking for a name to put to the issue... Ive been planning on a reinstall for a while now as I had a feeling that would fix the issue but was going to wait to get my m.2 drive before clean installing. Maybe I'll just do it now anyway. Anyway, thanks for the info.

yeah memory leaks are really bad

definitely not normal

try to fix it asap

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Enderman said:

yeah memory leaks are really bad

definitely not normal

try to fix it asap

Damn I've had this issue since I built my pc in December last year. Do you know what causes it by any chance so I can avoid it in the future? Il probably do a clean install this weekend now

3 hours ago, sulylunat said:

Damn I've had this issue since I built my pc in December last year. Do you know what causes it by any chance so I can avoid it in the future? Il probably do a clean install this weekend now

stuff like upgrading windows, repairing windows, cloning windows, installing a broken program, coding a broken program, etc...

by broken program I mean one that hasnt been made correctly to free the ram it uses

Spoiler