What sounds better the Sennheiser HD 7 DJ Headphones or the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones

I am wondering what to pick?  I care about comfort and the high quality sound.  

Should I go for the Sennheiser HD 7 DJ Headphones or the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones.

I like my hd 7 dj's, comes with a nice case for travel, using them in my soundboard with a 1/4" adapter. Rotatable ear cups, even tho my right ear cup doesnt click when it rotates.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Thanks.  My conclusion is in getting the hd 7 dj's.

Well that was a quick decision, only took a single post. :D Hopefully they'll serve you well, Sennheiser would be my choice as well, although best way to decide on headphones' comfort and audio is to actually try them, you can't know otherwise. Maybe ask at a hi-fi store around if they carry both models or if they can ship them for a try? Most audiophile places have services like that due to the nature of the clients and the usual cost that goes with it. 

12 minutes ago, Dan1 said:

I care about comfort and the high quality sound.

here is a graph showing quality increase vs price

dasff.png

if your intent is gaming go with senhighser

if you intent is professional grade work go with audio technica.

Also if you dont need extra help in a subject, make sure you use the "solved" feature (it looks like a check mark)

7 hours ago, josephaltareb said:

dasff.png

So much BS xD 

You do know that a lot of studios use sony MDR-7506 and they are like 90$

Oh I will just take my 200$ earbuds and leave since according to this they are shit...

Did you make this in paint?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

11 hours ago, josephaltareb said:

dasff.png

if your intent is gaming go with senhighser

if you intent is professional grade work go with audio technica.

Also if you dont need extra help in a subject, make sure you use the "solved" feature (it looks like a check mark)

No. There are so many problems with this graph. It's using generic terms that mean nothing. It's assuming "dj" headphones are like 1000$, it's assuming earbuds are 10$.

It's leaving out many headphones with these generic terms.

And last, its using comic sans....

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

On 5/23/2016 at 1:47 PM, spwath said:

No. There are so many problems with this graph. It's using generic terms that mean nothing. It's assuming "dj" headphones are like 1000$, it's assuming earbuds are 10$.

It's leaving out many headphones with these generic terms.

And last, its using comic sans....

+ "Ameture" monitoring