Manga/anime

nerb

Hey peoples, recently my friends have been getting me into anime and some manga, but I want other peoples suggestions.

So far I like Kotoura-San, pet girl of sakurasou, servant x service and for manga I like FLCL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Corsair 350d, Intel 3570k @ 4.2 ghz, H100i, Caviar blue 500gb, Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung EVO 850 Pro 256GB, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 ACX 3.0, Corsair Vengeance 8gb,AX760i

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

To Love Ru, IS , The World god only knows, Toradora, for Romance. If you want to feel some manly tears, watch Clannad After Story.

I NEVER want to feel that feel ever again :'(

Melancholy of Haruhi is awesome. Everyone likes Guilty crown so you might as well read it or watch it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Hey peoples, recently my friends have been getting me into anime and some manga, but I want other peoples suggestions.

So far I like Kotoura-San, pet girl of sakurasou, servant x service and for manga I like FLCL.

Of those, I only know of FLCL which is awesome.

I am just going to throw the best anime I have ever seen at you and let you decide if you like them or not. Note that the anime I like tends to have lots of blood and fighting in it. Gore as well. You were warned.

Hellsing Ultimate OVA (Do not watch the original. It pales in comparison to this remake.)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (You can watch the original, but I consider this remake many times better.)

Hunter X Hunter (This remake is just better animation quality and less filler. I would watch it over the old one.)

Blood Lad

Black Lagoon (all seasons)

Potemayo (This one is heavy on moe which is the only reason I list it. Up to you)

Chrono Crusade

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan

Angel Beats

Now and Then, Here and There

Elfen Lied (If and only if you liked Black Lagoon.)

I do not read manga, I am afraid. And that list is a short one off the top of my head. Have fun and good luck.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

To Love Ru, IS , The World god only knows, Toradora, for Romance. If you want to feel some manly tears, watch Clannad After Story.

I NEVER want to feel that feel ever again :'(

He has to watch Clannad and then After story to get the full effect. add to that Kanon is also awesome.

Love Hina is another good one if he is into the romance genre.

And idk why people ignore this one but Kimi ni Todoke is also great.

I can give a lot more, but I'd rather people PM me and tell me exactly what they're looking for and I'll list what I think is awesome.

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Avoid Shoujo at all costs...

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Avoid Shoujo at all costs...

Why Avoid Shoujo?

You too much of a jock to handle a little romance?

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @ 4.2 GHz; GPU: Asus STRIX & Gigabyte g1 GTX 1070 SLI; RAM: 16 GB Corsair vengeance 3200 MHz ; Mobo: Asrock Taichi x470; SSD: 512 gb Samsung 950 Pro Storage: 5x Seagate 2TB drives; 1x 2TB WD PurplePSU: 700 Watt Huntkey; Peripherals: Acer S277HK 4K Monitor; Logitech G502 gaming mouse; Corsair K95 Mechanical keyboard; 5.1 Logitech x530 sound system

01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100100 01101111 01100101 01110011 01101110 00100111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110000 01110010 01101111 00101110

Here's a good few suggestions from me and the dub/sub i preferred of them

Girls Bravo!(comedy ecchi fun) Eng Dub

DearS(comedy ecchi fun) Eng Dub

Elfen Lied(gore, depressing) Eng Dub

Ghost in the Shell(Mature cyberpunk, xenophilisophy, watch the Movies, the shows aren't as good as the movies) Eng Dub

Maria-sama Ga Miteru (Mild Shoujo girls drama,semi-religious(Christianity))Japanese Sub

Chobits(Romance, close future xenophilisophy)Japanese Sub, the manga is one of the best manga of all time. TokyoPop translation

Gunslinger Girl(action drama, semi scifi, Only watch the first season the 2nd season isn't the actual story) Eng Dub

Gakuen Utopia Manabí Straight!(Girls high school drama, positivity fun show) Japanese sub

Arjuna[Aka Earth Girl Juna/Arjuna](philosophical, environmentalist drama. semi-religious(Hinduism)/scifi) Eng Dub

The Melancholoy of Haruhi Suzamiya(Drama, very unique) very good End Dub and Japanese Sub

Cowboy Bebop(Scifi, one of the best Anime of all time)English dub and Japanese sub were great, i liked the Dub better

Lucky Star(Comedy, Slice of Life, Fan appreciation and parody, Only watch this if you've watched a lot of anime, especially older anime, like pre-2005 anime)Japanese Sub-->Eng Dub was very poorly done.

Read or Die OVA(semi scifi+magic action, this is the OVA with Agent paper the girl obcessed with books) Eng Dub

Some Movies

Spirited Away(Drama, very very heavily inspired by Shintoism, very beautiful)

Paprika(Psychedelic)

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind(action drama, very far future post apocalyptic, very beautiful)

Princess Mononoke(action drama, very very heavily inspired by Shintoism, very beautiful)

Melancholy of Haruhi is awesome.

Series ended not very well I found but the movie was fantastic! :)

I also liked The World God Only Knows, which is a comedy on harems (just trolling really). Worth it for the main character.

Howls Moving Castle :)

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

Series ended not very well I found but the movie was fantastic! :)

I also liked The World God Only Knows, which is a comedy on harems (just trolling really). Worth it for the main character.

Howls Moving Castle :)

Anything by Studio Ghibli is gold. I need to finish Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch soon. Like, really. 

But yeah. The World God Only Knows has a third season that just started. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

But yeah. The World God Only Knows has a third season that just started.

Don't you mean ended? Last episode aired a few days ago.

Naruto.

Anima/manga elitists may shun it but don't let that affect your choice. :P

There is a reason it's one of the ' big three'   (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece)

Also Bleach.

Naruto.

Anima/manga elitists may shun it but don't let that affect your choice. :P

There is a reason it's one of the ' big three'   (Bleach, Naruto and One Piece)

Also Bleach.

For clarification, the animated series Naruto has a metric ton of filler. Just google what to skip, and trust me, you want to skip it. You can only hear him say "believe it" so many times. 

The Shippuden one is a looot better. Still filler, but, not as much, and the action and such makes up for it imo. 

As for Bleach, it went downhill quickly. It kinda felt like it petered out (petered = wimpy/weakly ended). I could have stopped after He who must not be named (Due to spoilers) and it would have been fine. If you watched it, you know who I am talking about. 

... He looked like a Butterfly at one point. There. No spoilers that matter. 

Anyway, you get the idea. The Big 3 are awesome (I still actively watch One Piece, I finished Bleach, and I completely intend to go back and finish Shippuden once it is over), but I do not think we should direct new people to anime to watching them. They are simply too long.  :lol:

Don't you mean ended? Last episode aired a few days ago.

I thought it just started. Fail.

† Christian Member †

For clarification, the animated series Naruto has a metric ton of filler. Just google what to skip, and trust me, you want to skip it. You can only hear him say "believe it" so many times. 

The Shippuden one is a looot better. Still filler, but, not as much, and the action and such makes up for it imo. 

As for Bleach, it went downhill quickly. It kinda felt like it petered out (petered = wimpy/weakly ended). I could have stopped after He who must not be named (Due to spoilers) and it would have been fine. If you watched it, you know who I am talking about. 

... He looked like a Butterfly at one point. There. No spoilers that matter. 

Anyway, you get the idea. The Big 3 are awesome (I still actively watch One Piece, I finished Bleach, and I completely intend to go back and finish Shippuden once it is over), but I do not think we should direct new people to anime to watching them. They are simply too long.  :lol:

Bleach is going strong in the manga, the chapters are amazing these days. :o

If you want something a bit light i'd like to suggest Gin no saji (silver spoon)

A nice slice of life manga (and now anime) about an agricultural high school

If we're talking anime you might like Cowboy bebop and Baccano^^

Trigun is really good too.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Bleach is going strong in the manga, the chapters are amazing these days. :o

Hopeless spoiler things... might never get the hang of it..  ignore this quote..

Just wanted to mention an awesome genryuusai moment from the manga :(

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wow! I didn't think I would get so many people to help me with this thank you! I will definitely try to research all of these suggestions.

Corsair 350d, Intel 3570k @ 4.2 ghz, H100i, Caviar blue 500gb, Caviar Blue 1TB, Samsung EVO 850 Pro 256GB, EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 ACX 3.0, Corsair Vengeance 8gb,AX760i

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

Watch the Anime Angel Beats. If you don't like it kill yourself

.... I know it was intended as a joke but that's going a tad too far imo.

I don't joke about that show ಠ_ಠ

i want to die

Manga:

Cage of Eden

The Breaker

The Breaker: New Waves

Psyren

IO

Beck

Beelzebub

Yotsubato

Variante

If you're into romance

Hanasakari no Kimi-tachi e

love in the mask 

Kimi no Iru Machi

Minamoto-kun Monogatari

Sankarea

Mars

Good Ending

Midori no hibi

Anime:

Clannad

Angel Beats

Death Note

Toradora

Durarara

Fate/Zero

Basquash!

Baccano! (watch this dubbed :P)

Code Geass

Steins Gate

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Another

Aaaand Bleach ofc :)

Accel World, Attack on Titan, Blood Lad, Sword Art Online, Guilty Crown, High School DxD, High School of the Dead, etc etc etc

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

Haha nah I'm fine. As long as you didn't tell me that in my emo stage during middle school

2013 Macbook Pro 15-inch 

Nope it ended this week. They will release another Magical Kanon 100% OVA next month though.

If you haven't read the manga, go read it. They really fucked up some parts in the anime (skipped about 100 chapters of the manga, cut a ton from the Goddess arc and so on).

Here are some of my recommendations:

Angel Beats! - A story about a guy who dies and gets stuck in some kind of afterlife between living and dead. He also suffers from amnesia and can't remember how he died. Action/comedy.

Baka to Test - About a group of friends who are attending a school where you can summon familiars to battle for you. Their strength is based on your test score. The protagonist is an idiot though. Comedy with quite a bit of romance as well.

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou - About a group of high school boys doing normal high school boy stuff. One of the funnest things I've seen, period. If you like comedy WATCH THIS SHOW!

Seitokai Yakuindomo - Comedy show mostly about perverted jokes.

The World God Only Knows - A guy who is only interested in games and 2D girls (as in, fictional girls) makes a contract with a devil which forces him to make "real" (as in real in the show) girls fall in love with him. Comedy that contains lots of romance as well. The protagonist makes the entire show really. He is so damn good.

Ano Hana - One person in a group of friend died in a tragic accident and the group separated after that. Now 10 years after the accident one of them start seeing the ghost of the girl who died and the group gets reunited. It's drama but really good. I cried like a bitch a few times during the show, it's really sad.

Bakemonogatari - No idea how to even describe this show. It's about Araragi, a teenager who was attacked by a vampire a few years ago and survived. He becomes good friends with the guy who saved him, and they decide to help other people who get attacked by ghosts, spirits, Gods and other supernatural beings. It's animated by a studio called SHAFT which has a very, VERY special way of doing animation. It's like an audio book sometimes, and it has some very bizarre scenes such as the main character brushing his little sister's teeth in a very erotic way. It's still really good, and all the weird stuff just makes it better. Drama/mystery/action/romance/comedy/basically all genres ever. Really weird and really good.

Clannad (just so you can watch After Story afterwards) - Just a story about a high school student who grows up, falls in love, gets married and so on. The reason you should watch this show is because season 2, called "after story" is one of the saddest things you will ever see. Seriously, I can basically start crying on demand by simply thinking of scenes from this show. It's so damn good. Season 1 is a bit slow from time to time though, but it's worth it just to see season 2. Drama/comedy.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - For an unknown reason, two people every year gets killed in the little village called "Hinamizawa". Keiichi, who has lived in the village for less than a year starts wondering why and he soon discovers that his friends are hiding terrible secrets from him. The bad part about this show is that you have to see both seasons (26 and 24 episodes) to understand what the hell is going on. When you've finished season two you will go "holy crap that was so well thought out" though, but up until then you will basically have no idea what the fuck is going on. Also, WARNING: It contains lots and lots of very unpleasant images, like people getting gutted, tortured, having their throats slit and so on. Mystery/horror/thriller.

Hyouka - It's about a group of four friends who solves different mysteries. Heavily influenced by Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie novels. Not sure what genre to call it other than mystery.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - This show has very, very deceiving looks. It might look like a show for little girls but trust me, the 17+ rating is there for a reason. You know how some kids shows has the protagonist transform and fight monsters with magic? This show is a more realistic depiction of that, where the "magical girls" have to fight for their lives, that you should be careful what you wish for (when you become a magical girl, you can have 1 wish granted) and so on. Also animated by SHAFT so it has a very unique style. Watch at least 3 episodes and you'll understand what I mean. Drama/Thriller.

Steins;Gate - Based on the story told by John Titor, a guy who posted on different message boards in 2000 and 2001 saying he was from the future. Basically, the story is about two scientists and their friends who discovers a way to send text messages back in time and as it turns out this might not be a good thing. CERN hears about this and tries to stop them from inventing time travel for some reason, and they go to great lengths to do so. What I like about this show is that most of the theories are based on real scientific theories so something like this could in fact happen. Genres are sci-fi and thriller.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Kyon is a very skeptical guy. He doesn't believe in aliens on Earth, time travelers visiting us from the future, a God or anything like that. However, when he starts high school he meets a girl called Haruhi. Haruhi is very interested in supernatural phenomenon and makes a club which Kyon is forced to join. As it turns out, all these supernatural things really do exist. This is the show that made me interested in anime and manga. It also has one of the few dubs I can actually stand. Here watch the first two minutes of THIS video. Slice of life/comedy.

Railgun/Index - If you want to watch some show about people fighting with super powers, watch these shows, don't watch crap like Naruto. Toaru Kagaku no Railgun and Toaru Majutsu no Index both take place in the same universe, but has different main characters (some characters do cross-over from time to time though). The show takes place in Academy City, a city where espers (people with supernatural powers) come to study and train their abilities. Railgun is about one of the strongest espers in the city, nicknamed Railgun for her ability to control electricity (which she often uses to fire metal objects like a railgun) and her group of friends. Railgun is more comedy/slice of life than Index. Index on the other hand, is about Touma, a "level 0" (as in, he has no esper powers) who has the strange ability to cancel supernatural phenomenon with his right hand. He usually end up having to protect different people with this ability, and he also has a ton of bad luck. The reason why I like this show is because it's so damn over the top. I am not sure if it's suppose to be funny or not, but it's so over the top that you can't take it seriously. Both of them are really fun to watch though. Supernatural/action/"unintentional comedy" maybe. Railgun also has strong "slice of life" elements.

Toradora! - This is another show that got me hooked on anime which is why I recommend it. It's about a girl called Taiga and a guy called Ryuuji. They are in high school and though a few events they find out who the other one is in love with. As it turns out, Taiga is in love with Ryuuji's best friend, and Ryuuji is in love with Taiga's best friend, so they decide to help each other out and wingman for each other. Even my friend, who isn't really into love stories though this show was good. Comedy/romance/drama.

Zero no Tsukaima - In another world, magic exists. When a witch called Louise tries to summon a familiar she somehow manages to transport Saito, a regular Japanese high school boy, into this world where magic exists. They are then forced to love with each other since Saito can't return to Earth and Japan, and Louise can't try to summon a new familiar. As you can probably guess, a lot of things happens and Saito gets dragged along in lots of adventures. Contains quite a few good and funny scenes such as this one (only watch the first minute please, contains some spoilers). This is another one of those "if you want to watch an anime where people fight each other with magical powers then watch this, not Naruto" shows. I thought it was decent and a lot of people seem to like it. action/adventure/fantasy/romance/comedy.

If I were to recommend only 3 shows out of these then I'd suggest:

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Steins;Gate

Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou