64-Bit Folding Client for Windows?

Does it exist? or is it in the works?

Used to although not anymore. (When the V7 client was still in early beta)

The only reason it doesn't exist on windows is because it doesn't need it. All the WU's that run's on windows fit within the the 4GB ram limit so there isn't a need for it.

Also unlike linux (which has a 64 bit client), windows doesn't have an issue running the 32 bit client when trying to run Multi-core WU's.

So instead of running 2 clients that would do the same exact thing for no different in performance and would only increase the number of clients to keep in checked and updated, they simplified it to run windows with one client.

Now the reason for having the 64 bit clients in linux, is due to the MPI layer the F@H uses for it's Multi-core WU's on linux that isn't there (or doesn't work right) on 32-bit OS.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide/linsmpguide/#ntoc1

You must be running a 64 bit Linux OS. The SMP client is not supported on 32 bit operating systems. This is due to the MPI layer that SMP fahcores are using for inter-core communications.

Now this is for the older V6 client but it does explain in better detail why the 64bit OS is needed than what it says in the current V7 guide.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide/linux-install-guide/#ntoc4

The new V7 software has the same basic hardware and operating system requirements as the previous clients. However, a few software specific requirements have changed to support newer features. Listed by slot type:

CPU Slot Requirements
Recent 32 bit or 64 bit Linux distribution
Intel PIII-450 processor or newer, or AMD equivalent (modern multi-core processors recommended)
A limited selection of Projects are available for 32-bit
A limited selection of Projects are available for single core processors
Projects for higher numbers of cores may require 64-bit and have shorter deadlines, generally requiring a client running at or close to 24/7
Broadband internet connection or faster

Hope this explain "Why" it isn't around and why it's on other OS's.

Excellent post @warmon6 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Excellent post @warmon6 

I try my best.  :)

Just ask a question (related to folding) and I might just know something about it.  :P  

Funny how my brain hold on to information like this. Normally being completely ill-relevant to what ever i'm doing at the time while reading about it...

Then months or sometimes years later (at least 2 years on this topic), Read a question and remember the majority of the information of why this is the way it is.

Interesting how the human mind works.  B)