Gtx 1080 in Australia

nobelharvards

They are listing for £619 (including tax, but not shipping) in the UK, which is approx AUS$1245, so not much better.

I'm not sure why they are so expensive? Poor yields? Or maybe they don't perceive a threat from AMD at the moment, and decided to bend us over without being tender and loving about it?

Dude that is $1300 EXCLUDING shipping. I know the feels. Looking forward to it for weeks, expecting $1000 or less.

I am going to look at importing. If that is still really expensive, hopefully AMD come out with something comparable. You will almost be able to buy 2x 980ti for the same price.

I am hoping the non FE one comes in on newegg for under $1000 so there is no import duty. By the time you actually need to OC that card, you could just buy a second for sli so IDC about FE. Not like I am gaming in 4k, I dont see the point in overclocking if it never dips below 60fps on my 60hz monitor.

Well that puts PCCG out of the running for my money.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

The GTX 1080 is listed by nVidia at $699 US Dollars. Founders Edition

Going by the current exchange rate it should be around $970 Aust Dollars. And $830 Aust Dollars for board partners.

Anymore than $1000 Australian is not really a fair price. But it's always the same over here.

The GTX 970 listed at $449 Founders ( $622 Aust) or $379 board partners ( $525 Aust)

I can guarantee that it will be more than that cause of the Australia TAX

Always remember when comparing US MSRP to what you pay in Australia that the MDRP excludes sales tax and the AU price includes GST. But $1000 graphics card plus 10% GST is $1100 not $1300.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

21 minutes ago, Purplehazeffc said:

The GTX 1080 is listed by nVidia at $699 US Dollars. Founders Edition

Going by the current exchange rate it should be around $970 Aust Dollars. And $830 Aust Dollars for board partners.

Anymore than $1000 Australian is not really a fair price. But it's always the same over here.

The GTX 970 listed at $449 Founders ( $622 Aust) or $379 board partners ( $525 Aust)

I can guarantee that it will be more than that cause of the Australia TAX

It really bugs me. Taxed on my wage. Taxed on purchases. Medicare tax ect

so for us Aussies as i see it now ,980 = say $750

...................................................1080 = say $1,300

not to mention the credit card 2% charge @ check out on PCCG.

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.270V | P-Core 5.6GHZ | E-Core 3.9GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w

On 21/05/2016 at 7:25 AM, loony979 said:

so for us Aussies as i see it now ,980 = say $750

...................................................1080 = say $1,300

not to mention the credit card 2% charge @ check out on PCCG.

The 1080 should NOT be anymore than $1100 when it arrives here for the Founders.

Board partners should NOT be over $1000

At least the 1070 should come in under $600. But we are still not sure of the performance hit

By the looks of it, when (if) the 1080ti gets released its going to be $1500+

15 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

They are listing for £619 (including tax, but not shipping) in the UK, which is approx AUS$1245, so not much better.

I'm not sure why they are so expensive? Poor yields? Or maybe they don't perceive a threat from AMD at the moment, and decided to bend us over without being tender and loving about it?

Prices are so bad because of gouging and America being the priority:

18j23jolc3nwejpg.jpg