Floppy disk problem

ddddanil

After a weekend in my junk.. oh, sorry, old parts I found old floppy disk drive and a pile of old floppys. I was curious what I wrote 15 years ago so I went to a local computer store and bought an IDE->SATA piece of silicon. And the problem is: This controller includes power pins but my drive has them on a separate cable. I thing you guys are smart enough to tell me what to cut.

Hardware:

-SFD-321B FDD

-SPIF223A-HL022 - based chinese thingy

I don't think you need photos because they are easy to find.

Wouldnt leaving the controller board unpowered solve it? 

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

The thing is controller IDE is wider and I couldn't find the right way to cut it for a week. I appreciate any help.

10 minutes ago, ddddanil said:

After a weekend in my junk.. oh, sorry, old parts I found old floppy disk drive and a pile of old floppys. I was curious what I wrote 15 years ago so I went to a local computer store and bought an IDE->SATA piece of silicon. And the problem is: This controller includes power pins but my drive has them on a separate cable. I thing you guys are smart enough to tell me what to cut.

Hardware:

-SFD-321B FDD

Floppy drives don't use IDE And I'm guessing the adaptor is from ide mobo to a sata drive...sounds like you've got the wrong part to get it to work. why not pick up a usb floppy drive from somewhere online?

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

11 minutes ago, ddddanil said:

Hardware:

-SFD-321B FDD

Cut the red wire?

Waii waiia no.

Dont do that.

xD.

I have no clue. I think you'll have trouble finding an anwser to that. Sorry I cant help.

Hi.

Just now, swordsman247 said:

why not pick up a usb floppy drive from somewhere online?

ya, was gona say the same thing... i have a usb floppy drive, works fine. 

Why I have to buy a new drive if I have a good old one? I think i can just cut power pins on the controller ant it'll be fine. Posting photos now.

13 minutes ago, ddddanil said:

Why I have to buy a new drive if I have a good old one? I think i can just cut power pins on the controller ant it'll be fine. Posting photos now.

Yeah those are completely different interfaces... also the usb floppy drives are pretty cheap I picked up a new one last year for under $10usd. I have loads of "good" 2.5 floppy drives lying around but they're basically worthless to me.

If it's only solution... well ok. I wish I'll find one without shipping.

1 minute ago, ddddanil said:

If it's only solution... well ok. I wish I'll find one without shipping.

I don't even know if getting a floppy controller to adapt from sata is possible...you could look for a floppy pci add in card of some sort if you've got an empty slot to put it in.

OMG. I've found some but they're too expensive. I think I'd better buy a USB one...