Thermal temps are going crazy

stevenchoi56

This is my build. http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JWhznQ

I applied arctic cooling mx-4 

Base temp is at 30 degrees

and underload it goes up to 80-90 degrees

when underload i mean when playing games like rocket league and csgo and gta 5

When i read other build they say that underload their cpu gets to only 50 degrees

My cpu is not oc'ed can someone explain to me why this is happening

My h80i is in a push style with a LTT edition Noctua fan.

did you remount the block properly?

you need more pressure for the block to stick to the CPU heat spreader

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

check that the pump is working in the corsair utility. not to knock corsair but my one and only corsair product was the h100i and the pump died on me. 

had a similar experience with idle vs load temps. 

dragoon - Yeah I think I am gonna reapply thermal paste and try screwing everything and securing it more.

Shady-yeah my pump is working properly

Your problem may be low overall airflow through the case.

I'm assuming you have that H80 venting out the top.  If the air that is being driven through the radiator is already hot then you will not get a good delta (relative change in temperature) no matter what else is going on.  

Is there any way to add another intake fan to that rig?  If there isn't then you might be able to improve things by upgrading the radiator fan.  Check out the Phanteks F120XP or Fractal Design Venturi HP-12.

On 21/05/2016 at 7:12 AM, ThomasD said:

Your problem may be low overall airflow through the case.

I'm assuming you have that H80 venting out the top.  If the air that is being driven through the radiator is already hot then you will not get a good delta (relative change in temperature) no matter what else is going on.  

Is there any way to add another intake fan to that rig?  If there isn't then you might be able to improve things by upgrading the radiator fan.  Check out the Phanteks F120XP or Fractal Design Venturi HP-12.

Currently I have a fan pushing fresh air from outside the case into the radiator and have the power supply actively sucking air out of the case.