Deepcool Captian 360 vs H100i V2 vs Kraken x61

Go to solution Solved by Energycore,

The Kraken's got the Editor's Choice over at tomshardware. 280mm rads are a bit more unwieldy but also perform better than 240s, and unless you want to run fans at 400 RPM the 360mm won't give you a better computing experience.

Hello all,

I'm currently finishing up my build, Looking to get a NZXT H440 case along with a i5 6600k. I will be OC'ing the CPU almost all the time. 

Now which cooler would be the better one? The Deepcool IS a 360mm rad, while the h100i is 240mm Or the Kraken x61 which is 280mm..

The Case(H440) can hold the 360mm.. 

Now with the H440 case since there isn't much air flow on the top, I figured maybe a bigger rad would be better for cooling the radiator? Hence the idea for the Deepcool. Or does that not move the temp much at all?

Any opinions, and/or advice would be great... My budget for this cooler is around $120-130ish max.

LINKS: 

Case:

NZXT H440: LINK IS HERE

Water coolers:

H100i V2: LINK IS HERE

Deepcool Captian 360: LINK IS HERE

Kraken x61: LINK IS HERE

Thanks!

Never heard of the deepcool. A 240 or 280 rad should do the trick honestly. I have an i7 6700k with h110i and it is good 60c at 4.6ghz on 100% load.

the h100 or kraken are fine. h110 would be good too.

The Kraken's got the Editor's Choice over at tomshardware. 280mm rads are a bit more unwieldy but also perform better than 240s, and unless you want to run fans at 400 RPM the 360mm won't give you a better computing experience.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

35 minutes ago, jetstarkiller said:

Never heard of the deepcool. A 240 or 280 rad should do the trick honestly. I have an i7 6700k with h110i and it is good 60c at 4.6ghz on 100% load.

the h100 or kraken are fine. h110 would be good too.

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Ahh alright, thank you. Guess my thought process was wrong hehe. Alright I'll probably get the Kraken then.