PC Upgrade help

Hi guys I was looking to upgrade my P.C, as recently it won't get past 15fps on any of the newer games that are out currently (Fallout 4 for example) this is the system i have below:

CPU - AMD FX-4350
RAM - 8GB
Graphics card - AMD RADEON R7 200 SERIES - Size 2GB

I've also added screen shots of my system specs using CPU-Z ( i hope this helps)

If anyone would recommend any changes to help me play the most recent games but for a reasonable price i would be much obliged... Many thanks in advance :)

My Current P.C Specs.pdf

Getting an R9 380 would be a good idea.

How much do you have to spend? You may have to get a better PSU too.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Hey man thanks for your quick reply, I would say my budget would be around £250?

This is all a bit foreign to me so if it is worth while spending a bit more than that i would consider it,

My PSU is 500W I think this should be enough?

gtx 950/960/750Ti

nvidia gpu because lower cpu overhead `-`

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, BENMC123 said:

Hey man thanks for your quick reply, I would say my budget would be around £250?

This is all a bit foreign to me so if it is worth while spending a bit more than that i would consider it,

My PSU is 500W I think this should be enough?

I think it would be enough for most GPU

Do you want to stay with AMD or you don't care?

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

gtx 950/960/750Ti

nvidia gpu because lower cpu overhead `-`

Except if he update his CPU in the future as well?

Sorry guys can you dumb it down for me,

My brother said that it might be worth upgrading my CPU but he said it wouldnt guarantee better fps

2 minutes ago, jetstarkiller said:

I think it would be enough for most GPU

Do you want to stay with AMD or you don't care?

I dont care about switching as long as I get a better overall system

My brother said that it might be worth upgrading my CPU but he said it wouldnt guarantee better fps

Well of you goal is to gain more fps a GPU will be better. If you want more performance on none gaming task I would definitely upgrade the CPU

it would definitely help in most cases

2 minutes ago, jetstarkiller said:

Except if he update his CPU in the future as well?

then op should state it, im assuming he wish to remain his system as is and im recommending the best gpu to go with it `-`

As it's an ongoing upgrade I can certainly consider getting a better CPU in the future or now but i dont want to be spending $$$ when I could have done it a step at a time

then op should state it, im assuming he wish to remain his system as is and im recommending the best gpu to go with it `-`

Fair enough. Also I would wait like a month as some of the nvidia might have some good sale with the arrival of new GPU.

is your computer a prebuilt or a custom built PC. if prebuild can you provide the model number and mention any changes you have made.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

2 minutes ago, BENMC123 said:

As it's an ongoing upgrade I can certainly consider getting a better CPU in the future or now but i dont want to be spending $$$ when I could have done it a step at a time

in that case, i would recommend upgrading your cpu first, then only your gpu

just so that the process will be smoother

1 minute ago, GzeroD said:

is your computer a prebuilt or a custom built PC. if prebuild can you provide the model number and mention any changes you have made.

My computer is a custom computer that i bought online, I'm unsure to what changes were made in the first place, hope this helps

in that case, i would recommend upgrading your cpu first, then only your gpu

just so that the process will be smoother

Would i need a new motherboard to upgrade the cpu? or would the one i have be ok to accept the upgrade

Just now, BENMC123 said:

Would i need a new motherboard to upgrade the cpu? or would the one i have be ok to accept the upgrade

you would. In your current budget, I wouldn't recommend a CPU and motherboard swap. do you know exactly what GPU your using?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

depending on what cpu you pick

but most likely you'll have to change the motherboard and probably ram too if you opt for DDR4 platforms

If you Don't want to change your mobo go with a FX 8350 and a R9 380

| CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Strix 8G | Mobo: Asus B350-F Strix Gaming | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB | Cooler: NZXT Kracken x62 | Storage: Two 1TB WD HDD, One Samsung 960 EVO 512GB SSD M.2 | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black) | Fans: 4x NZXT AER Fans with Hue+ |

4 minutes ago, Velinzor said:

If you Don't want to change your mobo go with a FX 8350 and a R9 380

How long do you think those two would last me until i had to upgrade again do you think?

we really need to know the card your using now. Right now with what you're telling us it could be anything between an R7 240 and an R7 265. if you have a r7 265 or 260x I would go for a CPU upgrade. if its anything lower than a 260 I would go for a GPU.

10 minutes ago, jetstarkiller said:

Fair enough. Also I would wait like a month as some of the nvidia might have some good sale with the arrival of new GPU.

so you think it might be worth while waiting on a few months for some prices to drop?

I would not put an 8350 on that motherboard. it's a 4+1 phase wich could cause some power related throttling.