Hi guys. I'm building an mATX build in the Air 240 with the i7 6700K processor. I wanted to know if there was any real benefit to having the H100i over the H80i. Of course I know one is bigger than the other, and I didn't know if the H100i has a significant advantage over the H80i. Also, if you have recommendations for other AIO coolers that might be cheaper than the Corsair ones please let me know :)

Thanks!

uh

you want a dual fan radiator AIO

because single fan ones arent worth it

you can get cheaper air coolers that perform better and are quieter than a single rad AIO like the H80i

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I would say that the single fan rad isn't really that good, but it depends on how big of an overclock you want. You obviously have a K processor, so i would say go with the double rad to get the most out of the CPU. 

MAIN RIG | AMD R7 1800x @ 4.0GHz [cooled by Corsair h110i] | Zotac 1070 founders | Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8gb |
| ASUS crosshair IV hero | Samsung 960 evo m.2 | Seagate 1TB + WD blue 2TB| Corsair HX750i | Phanteks evlov atx TG |
LAPTOP | HP zbook Workstation | Intel i7-4710 HQ @ 2.5GHz | 8gb ram | NVIDIA Quadro k1100m | 250gb + 250gb Crucial SSDs |

Thanks both of you. I'll stick with a dual fan rad and look at all my options!

during Linus' 220x review he'd noted that the h80i was 13° warmer with push/pull over the h100i with a pull fan. so leaving that kind of cooling performance in a difficult airflow case is an easy decision. use the h100i over the h80i.

The only Viable single fan rad solution would be a 140mm. I have a cooler master nepton 140xl and it performs just as good as the h100, I can't recall if the case has a 140 mm mount but if it does and you wanna save space, thats the winner.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2016 at 10:14 AM, NoobCase said:

Air 240 has no native  support for 140

The Air 240 supports 240 and 120mm rads. So the H80i and H100i both would fit individually.

On 6/8/2016 at 11:21 PM, NoobCase said:

Kinda not what I answered. The guy above me suggested that a 140 AIO could be a an option. Which it isn't out of the box. 

My bad. You are correct about what you said.