HP Pavilion dv7-2030ev won't start. AC light is on when it's not connected?

Hello, 

I have a friend's laptop which suddenly did not boot today. It closed as soon as she opened it. She tried a second time to open it and it closed before Windows loaded up (during the boot sequence). The weird thing is, the Charger Light(the LED near the charger port, not the one underneath the Lightning icon) is on when the battery is connected to the laptop even when I've disconnected the charger. I remove the battery, held the button for 30 seconds, connected the charger, doesn't boot again. The charger light is turned off. I can't find any information on the internet (Neither HP has anything about it on their Knowledge base, and similar situations were on different laptops (same manufacturer) but they were for a different reason).

Notes:

Last hardware upgrade was a bigger hard disk drive (WD Blue 500GB SATA 3).

The charger is 3rd party. (Power On ADP-90FB). The LED on it is lit, but I have doubts on it.

Thank you for your help in advance.

I don't think it would be worth fixing, since it will most likely cost more to fix it than it is worth...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, acemod13 said:

@Dackzy, why?

It is most likely something internally that is wrong with it that a normal person will not be able to fix. 

Let us just keep it real here, that laptop is what 7 years old and it is not a business laptop, so there will most likely no be any parts for it anywhere.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.