Hackintosh without a Mac

I read online it's possible but difficult but I couldn't find a guide. I need OS X for iOS development as it something easy to get into that could get me an audience as a programmer. Thanks!

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

There are multiple guides on how to do it online. The hardest part is to get a hold on an .iso of OSX. Just a few days ago, someone mentioned that there is a youtube video with a download link in the description, can't remeber the channel tho. But a Google and Youtube search for "Hackintosh tutorial" should bring you a long way ;)

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

Keep in mind these are hacked installs of OSX and may contain nasties. (ie adware, password stealers, etc) 

idk

4 hours ago, Clanscorpia said:

I read online it's possible but difficult but I couldn't find a guide. I need OS X for iOS development as it something easy to get into that could get me an audience as a programmer. Thanks!

Download preinstalled virtual image, open it in virtualbox or vm ware, from that download official MAC OS X El capitan 10.11.5 latest OS and make bootable USB. Read the guides for installing hackintosh on your PC and install from that drive.

That's what i did on my laptop. When update comes i make newer USB bootable drive then install update to newest system so if anything goes wrong i can fresh install :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

On 18.5.2016 at 7:20 PM, JamGorby said:

This channel is legit.....

This might be true, but in fact this method isn't. There are only two ways to legally get and use a copy of OS X:

1. Owning original Apple Mac Hardware that already contains OS X. With the Mac you can download the latest version of OS X from the AppStore and use two copies of it within a VM
  2. Bying an OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Retail DVD from the Apple Store (19$), which is also a license of OS X an can be used to install a copy to physical hardware (outside the European Union just Apple hardware) and again up to 2 VMs. After installing you can make a free upgrade to the latest version of OS X

It is definitely NOT LEGAL to share copies of OS X, not even for "educational purposes" of a Youtube video...

Tower: Fractal Design Define R5, ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, Intel Core i7 4790K, Intel HD 4600, 2x HyperX Savage 8GB 1600MHz, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, WD Caviar Red 2TB, BeQuiet Pure Power 630W, Custom Water Cooling, Windows 10 (UEFI), Mac OS X El Capitan (UEFI), Clover (UEFI), iMac14,1

Notebook: HP Elitebook 8460P, Intel Core i5 2410M, Intel HD 3000, Crucial 2x8GB 1333MHz, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, Windows 10 (UEFI), Mac OS X El Capitan (UEFI), Clover (UEFI), MacBookPro8,1

@Clanscorpia

There are many legit forums out there like insanelymac.com, where people will give advice for your system and you can learn a lot about building your own system. Are you talking about your Skylake Build? It won't be easy as the Skylake support of OS X currently is quite limited, but it should be doable Skylake support should improve in the next months when Apple releases their new hardware.

@Slick

A seperate Forum in the OS area would be great for discussions like this and to give legit support to Hackintosh newbies. I'm quite experienced and would like to give support also to people in this forum.

Tower: Fractal Design Define R5, ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, Intel Core i7 4790K, Intel HD 4600, 2x HyperX Savage 8GB 1600MHz, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, WD Caviar Red 2TB, BeQuiet Pure Power 630W, Custom Water Cooling, Windows 10 (UEFI), Mac OS X El Capitan (UEFI), Clover (UEFI), iMac14,1

Notebook: HP Elitebook 8460P, Intel Core i5 2410M, Intel HD 3000, Crucial 2x8GB 1333MHz, 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB, Windows 10 (UEFI), Mac OS X El Capitan (UEFI), Clover (UEFI), MacBookPro8,1

53 minutes ago, ottoedler said:

@Clanscorpia

There are many legit forums out there like insanelymac.com, where people will give advice for your system and you can learn a lot about building your own system. Are you talking about your Skylake Build? It won't be easy as the Skylake support of OS X currently is quite limited, but it should be doable Skylake support should improve in the next months when Apple releases their new hardware.

@Slick

A seperate Forum in the OS area would be great for discussions like this and to give legit support to Hackintosh newbies. I'm quite experienced and would like to give support also to people in this forum.

The Skylake problems are getting me like you said. I got OS X on my USB but the problem with 170 boards disconnecting stuff is huge. And being new to Clover I dont know how to edit stuff. OS X will show the Apple logo but the moment the progress bar goes n the screen it stops moving and all my USB devices go off.

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

13 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

OS X will show the Apple logo but the moment the progress bar goes n the screen it stops moving and all my USB devices go off

In the Clover Bootscreen please press spacebar on your USB, then select verbose mode. this boots OS X with hidden logo, showing more information on what's going on. you probably won't have any idea on what's happening, but the text will get stuck somewhere - this is where the progress bar would stop moving. Please post a screenshot here to let me see what the issue might be.

22 minutes ago, ottoedler said:

In the Clover Bootscreen please press spacebar on your USB, then select verbose mode. this boots OS X with hidden logo, showing more information on what's going on. you probably won't have any idea on what's happening, but the text will get stuck somewhere - this is where the progress bar would stop moving. Please post a screenshot here to let me see what the issue might be.

IMG_1063[1].JPG

Spoiler

AXIOM

Thats the last thing it does before all USB devices turn off

24 minutes ago, ottoedler said:

Spoiler

AXIOM

What OS X version are you using? How did you create the bootable USB? Do you have access to a real Mac?

Just now, ottoedler said:

What OS X version are you using? How did you create the bootable USB? Do you have access to a real Mac?

I'm using El Capitan. I created the USB using UniBeast. I'm using a VM running on VMplayer

Spoiler

AXIOM

10.11 El Capitan

Spoiler

AXIOM

Ok. UniBeast is by far not the cleanest solution. To make sure, that the data on USB is not a problem please create it again. Have you downloaded El Capitan from the AppStore on your VM? It should be visible as Install OS X El Capitan in /Applications/

1 minute ago, ottoedler said:

Ok. UniBeast is by far not the cleanest solution. To make sure, that the data on USB is not a problem please create it again. Have you downloaded El Capitan from the AppStore on your VM? It should be visible as Install OS X El Capitan in /Applications/

Yes I have downloaded it. I vdidnt think I needed to run it?

Spoiler

AXIOM

Alright. Please format your USB (8GB+) again as HFS+/GUID with a name like "USB". Then open Terminal and run:

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app

Just make sure /Volumes/USB matches the name of the partition. Then simply follow the instructions and wait. This should take 10-20min

This topic is now locked!

NOTE - Hackintosh is strictly against Apple's Terms Of Service and as such, can be considered piracy. As such, we cannot really allow the discussion of such.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99