How to get Speedfan to launch automatically with Windows 10?

hsjj3

There is no built-in option to launch this automatically when Windows boots up (unlike say, MSI Afterburner).

So, failing that, I heard you can get an app to auto launch by putting it in the startup folder. However, even this method doesn't work for me (unless I am missing something).

As such, may I ask all of you, how do you get Speedfan to automatically launch as Windows 10 boots up?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, hsjj3 said:

There is no built-in option to launch this automatically when Windows boots up (unlike say, MSI Afterburner).

So, failing that, I heard you can get an app to auto launch by putting it in the startup folder. However, even this method doesn't work for me (unless I am missing something).

As such, may I ask all of you, how do you get Speedfan to automatically launch as Windows 10 boots up?

Thanks!

Windows Key + R

Shell:Startup

add the .exe to that folder and reboot. 

Is the fact that there is a Shield icon and I need to verify it always to run (User Account Control) the issue?

If so, how to get rid of that? I have enabled "run ad admin" but it keeps doing that.

Using a shortcut to the .exe may solve that, I have only used shortcuts and never had that problem  

It's been so long but I'm pretty sure I just used Task Scheduler to set it up.

You can check a box to run it with highest privileges. 

On 18/05/2016 at 0:40 PM, Hunched said:

It's been so long but I'm pretty sure I just used Task Scheduler to set it up.

You can check a box to run it with highest privileges. 

Ok I think I've tried everything else without any success.

Just to confirm, since I've never done this before, is there any potential danger/downside of using the Task Scheduler for Speedfan? Will this have complication with the system?

11 hours ago, hsjj3 said:

Ok I think I've tried everything else without any success.

Just to confirm, since I've never done this before, is there any potential danger/downside of using the Task Scheduler for Speedfan? Will this have complication with the system?

No?

If you take a look you'll see there's already likely a number of things in there set to run at start up.

It's actually the better way to do it, since you get options. 

Must people are just lazy and want to throw a thing in a folder that gives them no customization and call it a day.

That's why nobody else is recommending it I guess... Task Scheduler isn't new to Windows I don't know why nobody mentions it.