NZXT H440 Matte Black, is it as good as the other H440s?

handymanshandle

I sort of wanted something a little different from the white and black H440 and I figured I might go with the matte black (with Window).

However it sounds like it has an issue of attracting dust and the dust is more visible with the black, how much of a problem is this? 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

the matte black is an updated version of the H440, and dust is visible on any kind of black surface, just go over it with a microfiber cloth every here and there and you'll be fine, not like your components will die because of it

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

15 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I sort of wanted something a little different from the white and black H440 and I figured I might go with the matte black (with Window).

However it sounds like it has an issue of attracting dust and the dust is more visible with the black, how much of a problem is this? 

Matte usually shows less dust if anything. I had a NZXT S340 that was matt and i wiped it down with pledge and it didnt seem to collect much dust after that nothing a feather duster cold not take of in one swipe 

8 minutes ago, IMPERIUS said:

the matte black is an updated version of the H440, and dust is visible on any kind of black surface, just go over it with a microfiber cloth every here and there and you'll be fine, not like your components will die because of it

I know it doesn't affect the parts (too much) but it would affect the appearance.

17 minutes ago, Aytex said:

the dust isn't that visible on my mattle black/red one

nothing to be concerned about

the only thing that picks up alot of dust is my k65

Good to know...

12 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Matte usually shows less dust if anything. I had a NZXT S240 that was matt and i wiped it down with pledge and it didnt seem to collect much dust after that nothing a feather duster cold not take of in one swipe 

True

I have the blue h440

very nice case no fingerprints

only a bit heavy.

I got the razor H440 so I can only assume they use the same matte black finish. So far no prints or dust except on the window for the side panel.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

21 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I got the razor H440 so I can only assume they use the same matte black finish. So far no prints or dust except on the window for the side panel.

I'd suspect they are, but yeah that's good.

23 minutes ago, victor de souza said:

I have the blue h440

very nice case no fingerprints

only a bit heavy.

Weight isn't a huge deal but nice.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Don't know how the window from the regular cases are. As in how much dust they collect. The "smoked" window of the razor case if I had to guess is about 5%-15% tint so I have no clue if that increases or decreases the dust collection. Also the case isnt that good for airflow. It had my 980 classified at 80 degrees while playing.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

17 minutes ago, wcreek said:

1463424308592.jpg

42 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Don't know how the window from the regular cases are. As in how much dust they collect. The "smoked" window of the razor case if I had to guess is about 5%-15% tint so I have no clue if that increases or decreases the dust collection. Also the case isnt that good for airflow. It had my 980 classified at 80 degrees while playing.

Maybe, idk.

I plan on either using an R9 480X or GTX 1070...

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Maybe, idk.

I plan on either using an R9 480X or GTX 1070...

I would personally opt to go for a z97 build and a 1080 with the money you save over ddr4 and a skylake cpu.

1 hour ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

I would personally opt to go for a z97 build and a 1080 with the money you save over ddr4 and a skylake cpu.

I don't want or need the performance of something like the 1080, also don't want to hunt down the older parts. 

As I only want to play games at 1440p with high to ultra settings with around 60FPS I hope the 480X can do that, but the 1070 would work for that too. Honestly though, I prefer Team Red over Green.

1 hour ago, wcreek said:

I don't want or need the performance of something like the 1080, also don't want to hunt down the older parts. 

As I only want to play games at 1440p with high to ultra settings with around 60FPS I hope the 480X can do that, but the 1070 would work for that too. Honestly though, I prefer Team Red over Green.

You wouldn't have to do any hunting for parts z97 cpu's and mobos are still around. Theres marginal performance increase between the 4790k and the 6700k. DDR4 won't have a meaningful impact on gaming either, but they will cost you more so the impact is more in your wallet. 

14 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

You wouldn't have to do any hunting for parts z97 cpu's and mobos are still around. Theres marginal performance increase between the 4790k and the 6700k. DDR4 won't have a meaningful impact on gaming either, but they will cost you more so the impact is more in your wallet. 

I'm going to be building it to mid to late summer possibly early fall, and by the way the Skylake chips run a little cooler and I do believe they also draw less power.

I see no reason going for a 2 year old CPU when I can get something from last summer that has an upgrade path, LGA1150 won't have any new CPUs produced for it. 

Also the Z170 mobos look better... and appearance was something I had in mind for this build.

I'm going for an i5 6600K. Like I said, I don't want or need the performance of what the GTX 1080 will likely offer. Mostly because I'm willing to turn down the settings a little bit for an R9 480X or GTX 1070 if I'm not getting around 60fps at 1440p with high to ultra settings.

Also it would seem that the 6600K outperforms the 4670K by nice (enough) margin.

Thank you anyways, but it isn't relevant to the topic of the Matte Black H440 and whether or not if it has an issue with collecting and showing dust...

If I really wanted to save some money on my build, instead of using an Asus Z170-Pro (Non Gaming) I could instead use an MSI Z170 SLI Plus or MSI Z170 Krait Edition 3X that'd save me roughly $40 or so, which I mean it fine and dandy but I wanted this build to look nice too, so I mean if I can I'll go for the Asus board. Of course if I have enough for the build but maybe not enough for the build with the Asus board, I could just go for one of the two MSI boards.

10 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I'm going to be building it to mid to late summer possibly early fall, and by the way the Skylake chips run a little cooler and I do believe they also draw less power.

I see no reason going for a 2 year old CPU when I can get something from last summer that has an upgrade path, LGA1150 won't have any new CPUs produced for it. 

Also the Z170 mobos look better... and appearance was something I had in mind for this build.

I'm going for an i5 6600K. Like I said, I don't want or need the performance of what the GTX 1080 will likely offer. Mostly because I'm willing to turn down the settings a little bit for an R9 480X or GTX 1070 if I'm not getting around 60fps at 1440p with high to ultra settings.

Also it would seem that the 6600K outperforms the 4670K by nice (enough) margin.

Thank you anyways, but it isn't relevant to the topic of the Matte Black H440 and whether or not if it has an issue with collecting and showing dust...

If I really wanted to save some money on my build, instead of using an Asus Z170-Pro (Non Gaming) I could instead use an MSI Z170 SLI Plus or MSI Z170 Krait Edition 3X that'd save me roughly $40 or so, which I mean it fine and dandy but I wanted this build to look nice too, so I mean if I can I'll go for the Asus board. Of course if I have enough for the build but maybe not enough for the build with the Asus board, I could just go for one of the two MSI boards.

If your waiting that long wait till they do a refresh of the skylake cpu's. Also 4790k>6600K. Also it doesnt outperform it by a nice margin. Its a marginal performance boost in gaming which is what i assume your building it for. Even the person in your video says its a marginal boost. You use benchmarks of actual games running with both cpu's  get a real world number not a synthetic benchmark number. Real world youll see maybe 3 fps boost 5 if your lucky. However thats if you compare the 4690k to the 6600k, the 4790k is a lot better then the 6600k and you can pick it up for the same price. DDR4 dosnt really do much for gaming either, if your going to do video editing id recommend the 4790k above an 6600k i5. Thats assuming you find a z97 board you like aesthetically. As for heat the 4790K and 4690K don't make enough heat to really warrant basing a build over. I'll stop posting after this but end of the day 4790K is a better buy for the same money as a 6600K and just find a mobo you like from z97 its not dead yet and a lot of people are still making them.

8 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

If your waiting that long wait till they do a refresh of the skylake cpu's. Also 4790k>6600K. Also it doesnt outperform it by a nice margin. Its a marginal performance boost in gaming which is what i assume your building it for. Even the person in your video says its a marginal boost. You use benchmarks of actual games running with both cpu's  get a real world number not a synthetic benchmark number. Real world youll see maybe 3 fps boost 5 if your lucky. However thats if you compare the 4690k to the 6600k, the 4790k is a lot better then the 6600k and you can pick it up for the same price. DDR4 dosnt really do much for gaming either, if your going to do video editing id recommend the 4790k above an 6600k i5. Thats assuming you find a z97 board you like aesthetically. As for heat the 4790K and 4690K don't make enough heat to really warrant basing a build over. I'll stop posting after this but end of the day 4790K is a better buy for the same money as a 6600K and just find a mobo you like from z97 its not dead yet and a lot of people are still making them.

I would go 4790k over 6600k any day. You can get good deals on Z97 as it's being phased out right now too. Not to mention theres some very good looking Z97 motherboards out there.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I will say it right now

YOU WILL SEE EVERY SPEC OF DUST 

and anything without a LED is barely visible in the window

but I love it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Marginal is nice enough for me, and it's really only about an $8 difference for CPUs, RAM is the same price, Mobos okay Z97 is cheaper.
A 4790K is not in my budget. No way no how, and of course it's going to be better than a 6600K/4790K...

I'm not waiting that long, as I'd probably be building right before the likely drop of Kaby Lake even if I am building in 2H '16.

I know Z97 isn't dead but there aren't going to be any more chips made for it. Z170 is going to have new chips for it at least until 2018 (Cannonlake). I mean of course just because a chipset/socket stops getting new chips doesn't mean its dead but if you start off with a lower end CPU. I'm fairly sure I don't need the extra performance of the 4790K./6700K right now If I do I can easily upgrade to a Kaby Lake or Cannonlake i7 a little bit down the road. If I built a Z97 system this year, then say in late 2017/early 2018 I decide I need more performance, I'd probably have to look for used 4790Ks or build a new system. Say I go with Skylake/Z170 I probably won't have that problem because Intel will likely have a total of three generations on LGA1151/Z170...

Like I also said, Z97 doesn't really have anything that I like aesthetically. There's only one board I wouldn't hate but still it's not that great.

Actually Newegg lists the 4690K for more than the 6600K. The 4790K from Newegg and Amazon is roughly $8 apart at $331 to $339...

How is this (4790K build) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BYgWYJ cheaper than this (6600K build) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/yBcKJx

Sure you could say, well it's about $43 more expensive to go with the 4790K (which it is) and you're getting a better PC (which it is). But I could widen that gap by about another $40 by going with a board from MSI on the 6600K build making the difference about $83... 

@ThatCoolBlueKidd I know the 4790K is better than the 6600K but it's about $100 or so dollars more, sure Z97 boards are cheaper but still... 

Again I didn't ask about my build, specifically I asked about the case... Cases generally has nothing to do with the build itself. It's just a cosmetic and functional thing that technically isn't a requirement it just simplifies everything and keeps everything safer than if it wasn't in a case.

Okay the only thing I wrote pertaining to what I planned on doing with my build was that I was either going to go for an R9 480X or GTX 1070. As either of those cards should be perfectly fine for 1440p@60fps with high to ultra settings.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

I will say it right now

YOU WILL SEE EVERY SPEC OF DUST 

and anything without a LED is barely visible in the window

but I love it

Well I did plan on getting an NZXT Hue+ so there'll be LEDs, I'll just want to be sure I keep it decently clean just so it doesn't look like it's been through a dust storm or something. I just kind like the idea of doing something that's mostly black with white accents. I think it'd look nice with an Asus Z170-Pro (non Gaming) or MSI Z170 SLI Plus or MSI Z170 Krait 3X...
(I know you don't like Asus, and would recommend the MSI boards or something similar. Let's just say I'll go with the MSI boards if I get desperate and still want to go with Z170, which the price difference isn't that huge from Z97 to be honest.)

Just now, wcreek said:

Well I did plan on getting an NZXT Hue+ so there'll be LEDs, I'll just want to be sure I keep it decently clean just so it doesn't look like it's been through a dust storm or something. I just kind like the idea of doing something that's mostly black with white accents. I think it'd look nice with an Asus Z170-Pro (non Gaming) or MSI Z170 SLI Plus or MSI Z170 Krait 3X...
(I know you don't like Asus, and would recommend the MSI boards or something similar. Let's just say I'll go with the MSI boards if I get desperate and still want to go with Z170, which the price difference isn't that huge from Z97 to be honest.)

I know that you dont care if you cant get an RMA if the board fails so beyond that it is none of my concern.

And I dont mean LEDs in General. I mean LEDs on the thing itself.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

2 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

I know that you dont care if you cant get an RMA if the board fails so beyond that it is none of my concern.

And I dont mean LEDs in General. I mean LEDs on the thing itself.

Oh. Still doesn't matter. I might go with the MSI SLI Plus, I mean I really like the idea of a Blackout build with white accents but like the SLI Plus with the reference Nvidia cooler (or maybe even the reference AMD cooler) wouldn't look too bad.

If I did go that route I might not get the white sleeved cables, I might get them in black or not at all since the bare cables that come with the EVGA SuperNova G2 are black. 

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

Oh. Still doesn't matter. I might go with the MSI SLI Plus, I mean I really like the idea of a Blackout build with white accents but like the SLI Plus with the reference Nvidia cooler (or maybe even the reference AMD cooler) wouldn't look too bad.

If I did go that route I might not get the white sleeved cables, I might get them in black or not at all since the bare cables that come with the EVGA SuperNova G2 are black. 

Warning. If you go overkill on your PSU the 6/8 pin cables will be red.