Upcoming Virtualized Gaming Build

So here is the Deal,

I am living with together with my two best mates and we are all gamers, lately Dark Souls 3 has come out and I was the only one who could affort a new rig and actually play it. So what my roommates nowadays do when I am not around is streaming the game from my pc(via steam) and it is running fantastic. The problem is that, when I actually want to inhabit my funtime space ,they have to stop playing the gaimz.

Lately I stumbled across the 7 gaymers 1 cpu video and I was wondering if MAYBE we (actually I ,because the others are quiet the ...) could consider something alike. We have a spare room and it seems to be the perfect space for a nice dedicated gaming-slave pc with a VM for all of us, GREAT RIGHT?

Well since we are all connected trough our network we could all access the VM's and stream a game from it to our rooms,if I am not mistaken?

SO what Hardware do you guys suggest for this Project, will it even be possible, would it maybe be cheaper if my mates just buy themselves a new rig ?

Try to suggest with Performance-per-Gold in mind!

I am very ,very excited about what you guys think about this CRAZY (xd) idea!

P.S.: We do not need Highend Gaming Experience ,most titles we play a lot are games like; DayZ,Dark Souls 1-3, Diablo 3,WoW, Starcraft, CS-GO (also 1.6) and older emulated titles from japan and a lot of 2d stuff, but we are all looking forward to star citizen (xddd)

Id highly recommend against it. There is lots of setup needed and you need a fast cpu and mulitple gpus. Id suggest just buying a few 300 dollar used pc's and letting them use it.

31 minutes ago, DipSid said:

So here is the Deal,

I am living with together with my two best mates and we are all gamers, lately Dark Souls 3 has come out and I was the only one who could affort a new rig and actually play it. So what my roommates nowadays do when I am not around is streaming the game from my pc(via steam) and it is running fantastic. The problem is that, when I actually want to inhabit my funtime space ,they have to stop playing the gaimz.

Lately I stumbled across the 7 gaymers 1 cpu video and I was wondering if MAYBE we (actually I ,because the others are quiet the ...) could consider something alike. We have a spare room and it seems to be the perfect space for a nice dedicated gaming-slave pc with a VM for all of us, GREAT RIGHT?

Well since we are all connected trough our network we could all access the VM's and stream a game from it to our rooms,if I am not mistaken?

SO what Hardware do you guys suggest for this Project, will it even be possible, would it maybe be cheaper if my mates just buy themselves a new rig ?

Try to suggest with Performance-per-Gold in mind!

I am very ,very excited about what you guys think about this CRAZY (xd) idea!

P.S.: We do not need Highend Gaming Experience ,most titles we play a lot are games like; DayZ,Dark Souls 1-3, Diablo 3,WoW, Starcraft, CS-GO (also 1.6) and older emulated titles from japan and a lot of 2d stuff, but we are all looking forward to star citizen (xddd)

Not worth it 

build something like this

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus H110M-K D3 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($57.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($21.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($25.90 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Corsair Carbide SPEC-M2 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 430W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($27.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $399.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-15 19:58 EDT-0400

But if you wanna run star citizen smoothly bump up to a Haswell or later i5 and Polaris 10 or 11 and you'll be set

50 minutes ago, DipSid said:

Just wait for AM4 APUs, they should be pretty solid for the money given the advantage of DDR4 in em, at around the price of a current APU rig, about $300 USD

19 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

Should really go with a more quality PSU though. maybe a budget MSI VD or Gaming Board. They board seems to lack USB 3.1,

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just wait for AM4 APUs, they should be pretty solid for the money given the advantage of DDR4 in em, at around the price of a current APU rig, about $300 USD

Should really go with a more quality PSU though. maybe a budget MSI VD or Gaming Board. They board seems to lack USB 3.1,

AMDs only going to be fabricating hexa and octa core chips for the first little bit so the wait is going to be quite long.

That PSU is completely fine for a i3 and a 950 both are power efficient and should consume 250ish watts at load, 

Their are very few things that support the 3.1 standard or type C and for a budget build not needed.

2 minutes ago, FirstArmada said:

AMDs only going to be fabricating hexa and octa core chips for the first little bit so the wait is going to be quite long.

That PSU is completely fine for a i3 and a 950 both are power efficient and should consume 250ish watts at load, 

Their are very few things that support the 3.1 standard or type C and for a budget build not needed.

The motherboards cost about the same, and USB 3.1 will be important moving forward

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-b150mprovd

The PSU is alright, but a higher quality one would naturally be better, for longevity and upgradability, 520W seasonic here for $60, or there's the EVGA 500B for $42

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/seasonic-power-supply-s12ii520bronze

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Well, thx for the answers guys!

I guess it looks still a bit complicated to realise my ambitious project :/

Sad days