Need help finding a laptop

Go to solution Solved by Knaj,

I would like help finding a laptop, I will be using this for my investments (Excel Sheets) and some light gaming on the side. I need something with long battery life, I would like a quad core, it must look professional. Would like dedicated graphics something like a 960m or 970m would be nice. Under 7 Pounds would be nice, budget is not a problem. 14+ Inches please. Thank you LinusTechTips forum. I have not been very active recently, sorry about that!

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Budget?

Dell inspiron 7559

dell precision 7510 or thinkpad p50 if you want professional looking

Budget maximum would be around 2,500 United States Dollars.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

1 minute ago, Knaj said:

Thanks, I keep forgetting about that website! I have thought it was only "Gaming" computers though, but it doesn't seem to be now.

Just now, Sentryy said:

Thanks, I keep forgetting about that website! I have thought it was only "Gaming" computers though, but it doesn't seem to be now.

Yeah, when it first came out it was mostly gaming oriented but they really have expanded what they have now though.

3 minutes ago, Knaj said:

Yeah, when it first came out it was mostly gaming oriented but they really have expanded what they have now though.

I am going to go with the Gigabyte P35Xv4-BW2T I will upgrade the SSD to an NvMe 512gb 950/951 and the hard drive to a 2tb mechanical drive. I will get that or a thinkpad P50. I like the gigabyte one, just wish it had swap-able battery so I could carry 2 or 3 extras because the battery life might not last very long.