APU vs CPU?

My question is will an APU  fold better than a CPU, the reason i ask is because i live in the uk and my 1100t is takeing ages to do any job. So im thinking of not folding on my CPU. But getting an APU if it will do the job better

My question is will an APU  fold better than a CPU, the reason i ask is because i live in the uk and my 1100t is takeing ages to do any job. So im thinking of not folding on my CPU. But getting an APU if it will do the job better

What GPU do you want to pair it with?

Any apu from amd has a slower cpu than your phenom ii x6 and less cores.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

When it comes to things like this, your GPU is always going to do the heavylifting compared to your CPU. Let's take a mining rig for example. You can put a low tier POS cpu and it wouldn't matter if you have a bunch of AMD cards doing all the hard work. Not sure if Folding also does better with AMD GPUs over Nvidia, but don't worry about the CPU and focus on the GPU power.

I have a gtx 670, im guessing ill just stop folding with my cpu then, because im just thinking the amount of jobs its doing is not worth it for the extra heat and cost

I have a gtx 670, im guessing ill just stop folding with my cpu then, because im just thinking the amount of jobs its doing is not worth it for the extra heat and cost

Just reduce it down to like 2 cores and 50% CPU usage. Every little bit helps :)

Yes, reduce the cores and let it fold away, a small bit to help add to your score, and get that GPU folding as much as you can.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99