New CPU cooler 85+C temp

Ownsurlife

Hello everyone! 

First im poster on Linus Tech Tips so please go easy on me if I'm missing information. 

I just bought a new H60 cooler because I only had a stock AMD one. I installed it as the directions said and even watched a video. My temperatures are way too high and you can see. Any common mess ups for this problem? I'll leave my specs below.

CPU: FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition
GPU: 290x Tri-x OC 
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FX
SSD: Samsung 850 250gb
Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER - Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB & CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) + random 8gig stick
PS: Rosewill ATX 12V 750-Watt 80 PLUS BRONZE

THANK YOU

What are the temps? I might not be able to find them, but I don't see them on you post

Also, can you take a pic on how the cooler is mounted on the cpu. Just want to make sure

Here's 4 pictures of the CPU cooler and the I can't even give you a screen cap of the temps because my computer reaches 90 and turns off before I can do it. Typing this out on my phone 

thanks for the help

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It might sound stupid, but did you take off the protective sticker from the cooler.

heya :)

Try going through this checklist:

1. Did you mount all brackets as said in instructions for your CPU socket?

2. Is the waterblock/pump fully seated on the CPU, not resting on any other component like capacitors?

3. Did you remove the plastic sticker that protects the pre-applied thermal compound on the waterblock?

4. Did you plug fan cable to CPU_FAN header and pump cable to SYS_FAN header?

5. Are the fan headers you plugged the fan and pump in enabled in BIOS (the SYS_FAN header you plugged the pump in should be default, no smart fan or anything so that it gets full 12V power)?

6. Is the pump working (try puting your hand on the pump and hold together both water tubes to feel for any vibrations)?

MOBO: Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 | CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX770 2GB WF3 OC Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3-1600 XMP 16GB (4x4GB) | SSD: Intel 530 Series 180GB SATAIII | HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1.0TB SATA III & WD AV-GP 3.0TB SATA IIPSU: Corsair AX 760 | Case: Chieftec DX-02B | CPU cooler:  Corsair H100i with 4 Noctua NF-F12's in Push-Pull | Fans: 3x Noctua NF-S12A Front and Rear-intake, 1x Noctua NF-A14 Bottom-intake, 1x CoolerMaster MegaFlow 200 Side Panel-intake, 1xNoctua NF-F12 Top-exhaust | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | Keyboard: Logitech G510 | Mouse: Gigabyte Aivia Krypton