Do you do video editing? i need your help (GoPro+fileformats)

Go to solution Solved by MatsNorway,

Interesting. So i installed this K-lite codec pack. And now the WMC is the same as the other ones and it plays at normal speed. So this is a codec issue. Now i just need the right codecs.. And i have zero clue where those might be.

Edit: Correction. The picture is overexposed so i just added som filter to VLC and the picture is there. I think i can just set a preset filter in editor now and i got this nailed down. whoo hoo!

Hi

I got myself a GoPro and the videos are only good in mov format and in the GoPro studio. As soon as i export to H.264 mp4 or cineform AVI the bright part of the video becomes so bright i cant see anything there anymore.

Main problem is that i can't upload the mov files to YouTube it seems. They fail and i get an error message.

Mov or original.jpg

MP4.jpg

Added. First picture is from the studio or mov file. (they look identical) it does not chance when converted to mov file. second is mp4.  And it does not replicate what i have in studio. Hard to adjust when i do not get a preview.

GoPro Studio

Recommendations on other simple and fast! programs are welcome. I have very little patience these days with this. Been sitting 3 days allready googling and testing.

Just now, MatsNorway said:

GoPro Studio

Recommendations on other simple and fast! programs are welcome. I have very little patience these days with this. Been sitting 3 days allready googling and testing.

If you have premiere, try exporting a sample file in it. See if the problem persists. 

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

I have premiere.. i hate it.. :( No idea how it works. Gonna look at some tutorials later. I am unable to get a video into the timeline for instance..

Try VSDC Free Video Editor, here you can adjust brightness and convert to the needed format. MOV is a popular YouTube format, it's strange the website denies it. 

Tried downloading it.. AVG went apeshit.. Second risky software i have tried to get my hands on today.. other one Aviudux or something is kinda tricky to find a seeminlgy safe site for as well.

On 11/05/2016 at 3:46 PM, MatsNorway said:

I have premiere.. i hate it.. :( No idea how it works. Gonna look at some tutorials later. I am unable to get a video into the timeline for instance..

You literally drag the video from your folder on your computer onto the timeline

premiere is pretty easy tbh at least as far as simple tasks go, then you can go to "effects" at the bottom, drop on a 3 way colour correction, set your white balance point, and adjust the exposure and colour grade in the effects panel

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Problem persists across different video editing programs. So it has probably something to do with the compression. I have adjusted the settings on the GoPro for improving future recordings.

Here is a short clip i made as a test. If anyone wants to have a look.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72823890/Angsten.zip

Any recommended settings for Mov files for YT and just decent video quality and stability?

And here is the exact same film uploaded to YT.. suddenly bright.. But not the thumbnail/preview.. which i find hilarious..

You could try to convert the file formats by using Handbrake. The software I use for editing are either Camtasia Studio or DaVinci Resolve 12 (Davinci has some awesome color correction features and they are a bit more intuitive than Adobe's approach in my opinion).

wtf is going on.. i was playing Warthunder and now the video is fine to look at.. At both YT and FB..

I think it was Nvidia drivers acting up. Going to mark this video as solved.

• 1 month later...

Ok so i have sort of found the same problem. I get good picture in media player classic but that one is choppy.

Funnily enough Quicktime can't play Mov format file properly either. Attached is from four different players. The reason i try to make in Mov is because they did work fine and had the correct brightness. But high quality(stupid big file size) laggs on WMC now.. sigh..

Quictime.jpg

Windows media player classic.jpg

Windows media player.jpg

VLC.jpg

Also the original mp4 from the camera is fine. (in VLC at least)  But if i make mp4 it too becomes too bright. in VLC.

Also.. why can't i just keep the original settings in Vega?

I need a clipping tool to remove downtime++ from the videos. No need for a fancy render/video editing tool.

f1de5633122a9d895c69b1aef644359f.jpgRe2idh_c.jpg

Interesting. So i installed this K-lite codec pack. And now the WMC is the same as the other ones and it plays at normal speed. So this is a codec issue. Now i just need the right codecs.. And i have zero clue where those might be.

Edit: Correction. The picture is overexposed so i just added som filter to VLC and the picture is there. I think i can just set a preset filter in editor now and i got this nailed down. whoo hoo!