Getting headaches from playing Overwatch, anyone else?

JorenBus

So everytime I've played the Overwatch beta, I have been getting headaches after 30 minutes of playing. I don't have this with any other game.

Does anyone else have this? If so, is there a fix? Maybe it's because I'm not used to cartoony shooters and really fast paced games, I dunno.

Any tips? I use a decent 24" 1080p monitor and I don't sit too close too it.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Just now, JorenBus said:

So everytime I've played the Overwatch beta, I have been getting headaches after 30 minutes of playing. I don't have this with any other game.

Does anyone else have this? If so, is there a fix? Maybe it's because I'm not used to cartoony shooters and really fast paced games, I dunno.

Any tips? I use a decent 24" 1080p monitor and I don't sit too close too it.

I had that with borderlands. Not really sure why, but considering borderlands is a cartoony game, I guess its just because we are not used to it. 

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

Open beta's closed so it's not like you can do much now, but did you check to see if your FOV was wide enough? Sometimes that affects people.

try to lower the gamma or just try to lower the brightness in the game somehow.. maybe that will help

maybe the controls are sluggish?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Scionyde said:

Open beta's closed so it's not like you can do much now, but did you check to see if your FOV was wide enough? Sometimes that affects people.

My FOV was maxed out.

4 minutes ago, Darel321 said:

try to lower the gamma or just try to lower the brightness in the game somehow.. maybe that will help

Alright will try that when the game releases.

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

maybe the controls are sluggish?

How would there be a corelation between controls and headaches?

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

1 minute ago, JorenBus said:

How would there be a corelation between controls and headaches?

if the controls are sluggish your hand eye coordination might be off and you'll feel sick

stutters and low fps have the same effect, as well as using a high input latency monitor

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Lower your settings to get higher fps. Also, turn off anti-aliasing as it can cause blurring.

13 hours ago, Paranoid Kami said:

Lower your settings to get higher fps. Also, turn off anti-aliasing as it can cause blurring.

I had a constant 60 fps, with very few drops. AA was already turned off.