Radeon 295x2 vs 980ti

I found a trade on craigslist to trade my secondary rig(fx6300,8gbram,gtx960 2gb) for a power cord devil 13 295x2 video card. Now I know this is a little old. But the stats look impressive, how does this card compare to the flagship 980ti? 

I'd like to know the caliber of this card and how relevant it is to determine if I should trade, or sell my PC and buy a gtx 1080

I would get a 1080, lower power consumption and more powerful. And you avoid Crossfire issues

In Tomb Raider 2013 295x2 is faster

in Batman 980ti is faster

it depends from game to game

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

The PowerColor Devil 13 is an excellent card. Best 295x2 after the ARES III from ASUS.

The 295x2 will most likely be a better performer at 4K+ resolutions and multi monitor resolutions. AMD have great multi monitor support. 

There's not much known about the GTX 1080 ideally wait for actual benchmarks. GTX 980Ti would be great at 2560x1440 and 3440x1440 i imagine. 

Bear in mind that the Devil 13 requires 4x 8 Pin connectors since it is serious business. It's a proper balls to the walls air cooled card. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

fx6300 with a 980Ti = Not the best combo just saying. 

9 minutes ago, OneSaltyDog said:

I found a trade on craigslist to trade my secondary rig(fx6300,8gbram,gtx960 2gb) for a power cord devil 13 295x2 video card. Now I know this is a little old. But the stats look impressive, how does this card compare to the flagship 980ti? 

I'd like to know the caliber of this card and how relevant it is to determine if I should trade, or sell my PC and buy a gtx 1080

The card is fucking powerful no doubt, but it's power hungry as fuck.