Windows Hard drive letter swap

Arcanekitten
Go to solution Solved by RedWulf,

Try a third party tool like minitools part wizard it allows you to change letters and apply both changes at once

Hi !

So I just successfully cloned a old hard drive to a new one but there is one problem I need to use both of them in one session for a moment but my old drive gets the D: drive and the new one a new letter G: and when the old one is removed the new one gets D: how do i swap that? like the new one D: and the old one M: for example? I tried via disk management but i got a error saying "Invalid parameter" and the title being "management of virtual drives"

The new drive does change letter however.

How do i fix this?

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Try a third party tool like minitools part wizard it allows you to change letters and apply both changes at once

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

2 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

I will give it a try ^-^

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

35 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

Thanks man this worked it didn't give me a error and it all works now ^_^