What's the Logitech G13 like?

crabcrabcam

So I've been thinking about getting a game pad. I was going to get the Orbweaver but that's too expensive for me. So many people say the G13 is better than Razors other gamepads. I've looked into it and it seems good. I mostly play GW2, Diablo and Minecraft along with all other genres of games. I have been using mechanical keys for the last 2 years so how do the keys feel on the G13? Any other things I should know before I buy one?

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

It's a friggin godsend in every aspect. I've lost all ability to game/work on anything else. 

Do not compromise for the Razer. It's a piece of crap in comparison quality-wise and no better in any aspect.

I've had the G13 since release with minimal issues and I know the Razer from work (as a retailer/RMA handler). AMA, basically.

2 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

It's a friggin godsend in every aspect. I've lost all ability to game/work on anything else. 

Do not compromise for the Razer. It's a piece of crap in comparison quality-wise and no better in any aspect.

I've had the G13 since release with minimal issues and I know the Razer from work (as a retailer/RMA handler). AMA, basically.

Why is the razer so bad? I've got a Naga and a Sabertooth and they've been awesome, I was more worried about the keys. When I'm at school and I have to use membraine keys I feel the difference. I also have larger hands and I can see the size difference?

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

I stopped using my razer game pad after i got a mechanical keyabord because of its membrane switches feel so bad after using my keyboard.

The Orbweaver ( i think) come with mechanical switches, but they are razers knock off switches.

The G13 looks more customizable than the razer game pad i have.  

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

8 minutes ago, crabcrabcam said:

Why is the razer so bad? I've got a Naga and a Sabertooth and they've been awesome, I was more worried about the keys. When I'm at school and I have to use membraine keys I feel the difference. I also have larger hands and I can see the size difference?

Excluding the crappy media controls in Lycosa which do leave the rest of the KB working just fine, Razers most often simply die. Kind of like you'd expect from any USB device. All I can really say is that they have a higher failure-rate overall. But I need to admit that that's also a matter of luck. While I've had luck with Logitech, you've had luck with Razer. :D

I personally think that if you've never used a gaming pad like these, you're going to have to take your time to get used to the form factor regardless of what switches it has. And since your hand rests pretty low and relaxed on the pad, the less force it takes to trigger the keys, the better. The rubber domes on my G13 feel pretty mushy and soft. Just right for my hand but I can't remember if that's how it was as new. Probably though. The palm rest on the G13 has a kind of a pit and a bump on it so it pretty much dictates where your hand is going to sit. You should definitely try it out before purchasing.

I can't find anything bad to say about the Orbweaver per se. Too new to say anything about durability. It's not cheap but these devices are tools for us gamers. The last thing you'll ever want is cheap tools.

1 minute ago, Naeaes said:

Excluding the crappy media controls in Lycosa which do leave the rest of the KB working just fine, Razers most often simply die. Kind of like you'd expect from any USB device. All I can really say is that they have a higher failure-rate overall. But I need to admit that that's also a matter of luck. While I've had luck with Logitech, you've had luck with Razer. :D

I personally think that if you've never used a gaming pad like these, you're going to have to take your time to get used to the form factor regardless of what switches it has. And since your hand rests pretty low and relaxed on the pad, the less force it takes to trigger the keys, the better. The rubber domes on my G13 feel pretty mushy and soft. Just right for my hand but I can't remember if that's how it was as new. Probably though. The palm rest on the G13 has a kind of a pit and a bump on it so it pretty much dictates where your hand is going to sit. You should definitely try it out before purchasing.

I can't find anything bad to say about the Orbweaver per se. Too new to say anything about durability. It's not cheap but these devices are tools for us gamers. The last thing you'll ever want is cheap tools.

Thanks for that. I've looked into it more and I've found that the orbweaver uses some old Razer switches that a friend of mine had. I hated those switches, so if it's got them then I can't get the razer. So looks like I will be getting the G13. Problem for me is there is nowhere near to try out equipment :( . Thanks for all the help :)