Asus Smartphones

Moglakos

Do you guys have any idea how good or bad are the asus smartphones??? 

Do you owe one? Do they have good software or it's full of ads and bloatware?

I'm might buy Asus Zenfone Max, i don't care a lot about how fast it is (so don't bother suggest me a faster phone) i care more about battery life (if you have any phone that has a good battery life feel free to tell me tho) and this smartphone has heck a lot. I have an Xperia Mini pro x10 and after 5 years usage it's about to leave me so I'm searching to find his successors. I don't really like surfing on my phone (even tho i have 10GB) i just listening music (about 3-4 hours per day) and playing games (about 2-3 hours per day and nothing special sudoku and other mind games). As you can see i'm not a hardcore user, i just use my phone about 5-7 hours per day, and i want a phone that can last about double that, i hate to charge my phone everyday!

Waiting for your answers and i hope you owe an Asus phone and not making something out cause you are haters/fanboys.

Edit: I'm willing to pay no more than 200€.

From what i have heard, they are ok, but not the best for what you pay. Personally I am a nexus 6p owner and I give 10/10 would recommend. 

Its automatic, just press this button!

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

I've got a zenfone 2, thats rooted+custom rom Cyanogenmod

Feel free to ask questions

what do you mean rooted? i saw that a lot around other forums and i don't get it? They also say that you losing warranty by doing that. 

2 minutes ago, Moglakos said:

what do you mean rooted? i saw that a lot around other forums and i don't get it? They also say that you losing warranty by doing that. 

Rooted means having root access to a phone

For example, seeing a tree you see the tree trunk and everything above it

when its rooted, you can see the roots as well and have control of the WHOLE tree and not just the trunk+branches

Once rooted you can install custom ROM's that allow you to fully customize your phone as long as get stock android/latest android that the communinity has built and more battery life

1 minute ago, mrgooglegeek said:

From what i have heard, they are ok, but not the best for what you pay. Personally I am a nexus 6p owner and I give 10/10 would recommend. 

almost double the budget i'm willing to pay for my phone... :)

also every person i know their Xperia phone last for 1-2 years mine last 5... 

Rooted means having root access to a phone

For example, seeing a tree you see the tree trunk and everything above it

when its rooted, you can see the roots as well and have control of the WHOLE tree and not just the trunk+branches

how much does root costs? or i can do it myself via software?

1 minute ago, Moglakos said:

You do it yourself, free using cmd prompt and a few .dll files

Just youtube some tutorials, and you will be set, free custom ROM's over at XDA-Developers's Zenfone ZOOM

For the price this phone will get the job done. Root is free, and there are many tutorials on the internet (XDA) on how to do it

You do it yourself, free using cmd prompt and a few .dll files

Ok... last question: Is their software so crap? Do you they have pre-installed ads/bloatware?

I mean if i don;t want to root or i'm lazy how much do i "loose" of it's performance?

Ok... last question: Is their software so crap? Do you they have pre-installed ads/bloatware?

I mean if i don;t want to root or i'm lazy how much do i "loose" of it's performance?

You don't loose that much preformance honestly, though cyanogenmod GREATLY increases the abttery life In my opinion

yea it comes with bloatware you can easialy disable it though

@TheKDub uses a non rooted phone, hes still on stock ZenUI

Just now, Moglakos said:

Its not terrible, but many people prefer the cleaner UI of stock android to the zenUI that is used on asus phones

Ok guys thanks a lot for your answers... I'm really gratefull... :D

I can now buy my zenfone Max worried free :)

Thanks a lot for your help and i might do the root as well will see how much it will disturbe me the bloatware :)

Ok guys thanks a lot for your answers... I'm really gratefull... :D

I can now buy my zenfone Max worried free :)

Thanks a lot for your help and i might do the root as well will see how much it will disturbe me the bloatware :)

Rooting/unlocking bootloader takes 10-20 mins at the most

very easy

They're good phones for the money.

Have you considered the Sony Z3 Compact? That one, and I think even the Z3 are quite cheap on eBay from a few sellers.

I've been considering picking up one myself.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

They're good phones for the money.

Have you considered the Sony Z3 Compact? That one, and I think even the Z3 are quite cheap on eBay from a few sellers.

I've been considering picking up one myself.

Nah it won't last as much as i want its battery...

Keep in mind there's more to battery life than the battery capacity- take the 6s and se for example. They both deliver battery life as good or better than the competition despite a much smaller battery all due to efficiency. 

4 hours ago, Moglakos said:

Do you guys have any idea how good or bad are the asus smartphones??? 

Do you owe one? Do they have good software or it's full of ads and bloatware?

I'm might buy Asus Zenfone Max, i don't care a lot about how fast it is (so don't bother suggest me a faster phone) i care more about battery life (if you have any phone that has a good battery life feel free to tell me tho) and this smartphone has heck a lot. I have an Xperia Mini pro x10 and after 5 years usage it's about to leave me so I'm searching to find his successors. I don't really like surfing on my phone (even tho i have 10GB) i just listening music (about 3-4 hours per day) and playing games (about 2-3 hours per day and nothing special sudoku and other mind games). As you can see i'm not a hardcore user, i just use my phone about 5-7 hours per day, and i want a phone that can last about double that, i hate to charge my phone everyday!

Waiting for your answers and i hope you owe an Asus phone and not making something out cause you are haters/fanboys.

Edit: I'm willing to pay no more than 200€.

Just a note on the zenfone 2, android 6.0 is currently in testing for it, and hopefully will be released by the end of the month, if not early next month.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

On 2016-05-06 at 6:36 AM, Moglakos said:

Nah it won't last as much as i want its battery...

The Z3 Compact? You're kidding. It has pretty much the best battery of any phone.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red