Is there something better than Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3?

trzasku
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

The NH-D15 performs a bit better and is a little quieter. The DRP3 actually uses one 140mm fan and one 120mm. Between them, there's no significant difference, so if you care about looks and want the stealthy look, go for the DRP3. Both are very good, can't really go wrong. 

EDIT: There's also the Phanteks PH-TC14PE which isn't quite as good as the DRP3 or NH-D15, but looks nice (comes in a variety of colours) and can often be found cheaper than the other two. 

Quite a good comparison of them over here. DRP3 seems to be quietest at low fan speeds (not by much).

I am looking for the best cooler for my quiet pc build. I want to run my CPU fans at 30% to keep the noise as low as possible. Mayby I go full passive (no fans) in the future but at this moment a normal fan running on 20-30%  is alright for me.

I also care about looks. I like the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 because it fits my stealth build but if there is a better cooler that is more quiet and has better performence I would choose it over the Be Quiet! one.

An other option is the NH-D15 from Nocuta but I do not like the look of it so much. It has 2x 140mm compared, does that mean it will be more quiet than the Be Quiet! one?

The NH-D15 performs a bit better and is a little quieter. The DRP3 actually uses one 140mm fan and one 120mm. Between them, there's no significant difference, so if you care about looks and want the stealthy look, go for the DRP3. Both are very good, can't really go wrong. 

EDIT: There's also the Phanteks PH-TC14PE which isn't quite as good as the DRP3 or NH-D15, but looks nice (comes in a variety of colours) and can often be found cheaper than the other two. 

Quite a good comparison of them over here. DRP3 seems to be quietest at low fan speeds (not by much).

4 minutes ago, trzasku said:

I am looking for the best cooler for my quiet pc build. I want to run my CPU fans at 30% to keep the noise as low as possible. Mayby I go full passive (no fans) in the future but at this moment a normal fan running on 20-30%  is alright for me.

I also care about looks. I like the Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 because it fits my stealth build but if there is a better cooler that is more quiet and has better performence I would choose it over the Be Quiet! one.

An other option is the NH-D15 from Nocuta but I do not like the look of it so much. It has 2x 140mm compared, does that mean it will be more quiet than the Be Quiet! one?

From my experience, BeQuiet fans on those coolers are dead silent below 700-800 RPM.

Thanks, I go for the DRP3 for the looks! Are there other coolers worth thinking about or are the DRP3 and NH-D15 the best for silence and performance?

There's the Cryorig R1 Ultimate which cools better than the Dark Rock Pro 3 but it's slightly louder.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I'm sure you won't find anything quieter than a be quiet! fan.

Its about on par with the performance of an NZXT kraken x31, which would give you the benefit of a cleaner motherboard area and an rgb light. you could always put a Be Quiet fan on it

Its automatic, just press this button!

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

This. The NH-D15 is better and the installation process is a lot easier than installing any other cooler. It literally takes me 3-4 minutes to install the D15. The D15 is a bout 2-3c cooler than the DRP3.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-d15/8

thanks guys! I choose the DRP3, I prefer 2-3c more but having a good looking pc, and it is cheaper too.

Contact Be Quiet support to buy a second 135mm fan, it's only $10, and really worth it for lower fan speeds

26 minutes ago, nster said:

Contact Be Quiet support to buy a second 135mm fan, it's only $10, and really worth it for lower fan speeds

I buy it from a store here in Poland, buying it in another country would cost 2x more because of the shipping and dusty costs.

You don't have to buy it from anywhere else, just e-mail BeQuiet!, they will send you the fan to anywhere. They are based in Germany but shipping to you will be free, they might charge you a little less/more, but I doubt it will be more than 10 euros all in, you can pay by PayPal

try emailing service@listan.de , part number EBK002