best camera for Astrophotography

Hello, guys im looking for best camera for taking picture with telescope price dont matter i need best

2 minutes ago, Gentlekatt said:

Hello, guys im looking for best camera for taking picture with telescope price dont matter i need best

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

1 minute ago, AlexTheRose said:

You could probably buy the Hubble Space Telescope for a few trillion dollars. I mean, you did say price doesn’t matter, and it is the best… :P

lol you got me there well its kinda too much :P

There used to be some cameras which were specially modified for astrophotography.  Like the now discontinued Canon 60Da.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/853491-REG/Canon_6596B002_EOS_60Da_DSLR_Camera.html

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Pretty much any camera, just need to know the technique, and be in the right location, and with the appropriate lens choice!

but a nice full frame camera will be better, like an A7R2, A7S, 5DSR, D810 - something along those lines

You can also get your camera moded for better IR etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Basler Ace acA640-100gm or something similar depending on what you want to do.

What is the subject type? What scope will it be used with? You'd optimise differently for planetary than deep field for example. You might also need assorted accessories to optimise their use. More generally, do you have any experience in this? 

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

3 minutes ago, porina said:

What is the subject type? What scope will it be used with? You'd optimise differently for planetary than deep field for example. You might also need assorted accessories to optimise their use. More generally, do you have any experience in this? 

no im looking for camera for my dad he like to take pictures of stars so i have no idea but he has alot of experience about this

3 minutes ago, Gentlekatt said:

no im looking for camera for my dad he like to take pictures of stars so i have no idea but he has alot of experience about this

Is it a surprise? I think the best thing is to ask him what he wants to do then get a camera to enable that. There really is a lot of choice and the sky is the limit when it comes to pricing. There is no one camera that does everything the best and you need to optimise. Alternatively, are his images on the net somewhere so we can have a look and get an idea of what he does?

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

Is it a surprise? I think the best thing is to ask him what he wants to do then get a camera to enable that. There really is a lot of choice and the sky is the limit when it comes to pricing. There is no one camera that does everything the best and you need to optimise. Alternatively, are his images on the net somewhere so we can have a look and get an idea of what he does?

no its not, he just have this hitty camera and he wants to take good photos so im looking for really good camera for him, well he doesnt have it on net but i could ask him would you be able to consult me?

A decent DSLR or Mirrorless camera will be suitable.  Doesn't need to spend $3000 on a A7sII.

Just make sure your dad has the correct mounting adapters and T-Ring for the telescope.  It would be best if the telescope had a motor to track the motion of the celestial bodies as it does require somewhat long exposure to get the shot and Earth is rotating about its axis.  Of course if the telescope doesn't have a motorized mount, there are other alternative solutions.

And obviously you need to be in a location with the least amount of light pollution.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just now, ALwin said:

A decent DSLR or Mirrorless camera will be suitable.  Doesn't need to spend $3000 on a A7sII.

Just make sure your dad has the correct mounting adapters and T-Ring for the telescope.  It would be best if the telescope had a motor to track the motion of the celestial bodies as it does require somewhat long exposure to get the shot and Earth is rotating about its axis.  Of course if the telescope doesn't have a motorized mount, there are other alternative solutions.

he has tracking he has proffesional gear for telescope but his camera is pretty bad

1 minute ago, Gentlekatt said:

he has tracking he has proffesional gear for telescope but his camera is pretty bad

Gift him a nice DSLR or Mirrorless, however make sure you consult with him first to see if it's the kind of camera he wants or can use.  Alternatively you can go consult on astronomy forums to get advice about suitable cameras.

1 minute ago, ALwin said:

Gift him a nice DSLR or Mirrorless, however make sure you consult with him first to see if it's the kind of camera he wants or can use.  Alternatively you can go consult on astronomy forums to get advice about suitable cameras.

i came here to consult about best astrophotography cameras ;D

2 minutes ago, Gentlekatt said:

i came here to consult about best astrophotography cameras ;D

Well do you honestly expect people here to be more knowledgeable about cameras for astronomy than people who are on astronomy forums and who might actually do a lot more astrophotography?

I do astrophotography sometimes, but the cameras I use are most likely more than I would recommend you spend.

2 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Well do you honestly expect people here to be more knowledgeable about cameras for astronomy than people who are on astronomy forums and who might actually do a lot more astrophotography?

I do astrophotography sometimes, but the cameras I use are most likely more than I would recommend you spend.

do you know any forums about astrophotography?

17 minutes ago, Gentlekatt said:

do you know any forums about astrophotography?

Nope, but you can try asking people here:

http://forum.timescapes.org/phpBB3/index.php

This is a community that does a lot of timelapses, sometimes night sky timelapses.  You can also Google astronomy forums.

Personally I recommend never buy a camera as a gift for someone, unless you have a close to 100% understanding of what the recipient's needs are when it comes to camera gear or the recipient is an amateur/beginner.  Without understanding what the recipient really needs, chances are the camera gear you give as a gift is most likely something they already own or cannot use.

If you really want to give someone some camera gear as a gift, find out as much as you can about what they need.  Hint: I'm in need of the XDCA-FS7 extension unit for my video camera and some V/Gold lock batteries+charger, a Teradek Bonded Pro solution and a Teradek Bolt Pro 2000 wireless video kit, throw in a Sound Devices 688 field recorder and some Lectrosonics wireless lav mic system while you're at it.

7 minutes ago, ALwin said:

Nope, but you can try asking people here:

http://forum.timescapes.org/phpBB3/index.php

This is a community that does a lot of timelapses, sometimes night sky timelapses.  You can also Google astronomy forums.

Personally I recommend never buy a camera as a gift for someone, unless you have a close to 100% understanding of what the recipient's needs are when it comes to camera gear or the recipient is an amateur/beginner.  Without understanding what the recipient really needs, chances are the camera gear you give as a gift is most likely something they already own or cannot use.

If you really want to give someone some camera gear as a gift, find out as much as you can about what they need.  Hint: I'm in need of the XDCA-FS7 extension unit for my video camera and some V/Gold lock batteries+charger, a Teradek Bonded Pro solution and a Teradek Bolt video transmitter.

its not gift tell me what i need o findout and i will tell you, what do i need to look at and ill tell you 

1 minute ago, Gentlekatt said:

its not gift tell me what i need o findout and i will tell you, what do i need to look at and ill tell you 

The best person to ask is your father.

Maybe read these articles:

http://www.astropix.com/HTML/I_ASTROP/CAMERAS.HTM

http://www.backyardastronomy.com/Backyard_Astronomy/DSLR_Cameras_for_Astrophotography.html

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-resources/astrophotography-tips/deep-sky-with-your-dslr/