HP Compaq Sleeper

Vamprie
1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Can't see any pics

Look again ;)

4 minutes ago, Vamprie said:

Look again ;)

Been thinking of buying a case like this to do the same build, but can't fina any ;(

Just now, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Been thinking of buying a case like this to do the same build, but can't fina any ;(

It can be pretty hard to find, took me about 2-3 months to find it. But fortunately the place where i do my internship were going to throw a few of these away so i grabbed two of them :)

46 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

44 minutes ago, Vamprie said:

It can be pretty hard to find, took me about 2-3 months to find it. But fortunately the place where i do my internship were going to throw a few of these away so i grabbed two of them :)

i got too of those in the basement :D

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

1 minute ago, ChrisCross said:

i got too of those in the basement :D

Haha cool :D

47 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

i used to have like 5, and then a friend borrowed them and threw them away without any heads up... that sucked but my PC is sleeper enough as it is :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

needs a floppy

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

5 minutes ago, Heesleemer said:

needs a floppy

I agree, i have to get one ;)

But always remember:

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

• 2 weeks later...

Here is just a little update: Since this HP chassi did not have a dust filter from the factory and I don't want to have unecessary dust buildup in the case I figured that I could create a dust filter myselfe. So I took a pair pantyhose and cut a piece that would fit the front air intake. Then I glued it in place, making sure to strech it so that the air could only go through the filter and not around it. I also painted the power button black since it will fit better with the rest of the front. Here is the finished product: KVpq8WK.jpgE4BXCam.jpg1fmS4f1.jpg6fk11lP.jpg

58 minutes ago, TheCamba said:

It is the little touches like the powerbutton that make all the difference.  

I agree, you have to make small modifications to the case without making it look "custom". Atleast if it is a sleeper

2 hours ago, Vamprie said:

I agree, you have to make small modifications to the case without making it look "custom". Atleast if it is a sleeper

If you feel like getting a little bit more crazy, change out the Led activity lights to a non standard color.  See if anyone notices.

10 hours ago, TheCamba said:

If you feel like getting a little bit more crazy, change out the Led activity lights to a non standard color.  See if anyone notices.

That could possibly be a nice toutch. I was thinking white instead of green for it look more "modern" but not modified so that it still looks stock 

i modified my HDD activity light and the power button light. the HDD activity color is green now (used to be blue) and the HDD activity light is now red (used to be orange) that was because i swapped the proprietary ones with a non propriety standard one. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

2 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

i modified my HDD activity light and the power button light. the HDD activity color is green now (used to be blue) and the HDD activity light is now red (used to be orange) that was because i swapped the proprietary ones with a non propriety standard one. 

Dang!  Living life on the edge. 

Them fancy water block builds aint got nothing on you. :)

3 minutes ago, TheCamba said:

Dang!  Living life on the edge. 

Them fancy water block builds aint got nothing on you. :)

you should check out my build log on my HP sleeper. its an AMD setup though. 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Love it. Thinking of doing something similar with an old IBM ThinkStation or Dell Optiplex.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 2016-05-18 at 7:24 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Love it. Thinking of doing something similar with an old IBM ThinkStation or Dell Optiplex.

Sounds good man, glad you liked it :)