RGB Rant

I find it quite ridiculous how companies like Corsair and Razer use RGB as an excuse to charge more for their products. On my Steelseries mouse RGB is not a selling feature. It's just a nice add on. I don't mind Logitech where they release an RGB edition for $10 more but Corsair and Razer mark up their products just for the RGB. Here in Canada at my local Memory Express the RGB Corsair k70 is $50 more than the regular edition. Ludicrous. I'm just waiting for Corsair to release something stupid like an RGB Microphone. 

pretty sure the wiring and what not costs way more than if it were a single coloured keyboard

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Welcome to capitalism. Where businesses charge as much as they can, and maintain enough customers to turn the biggest profit possible.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

As long as people buy it (which they do) then companies don't care.

4 hours ago, Zakb2809 said:

As long as people buy it (which they do) then companies don't care.

exactly this.

also RBG LEDs cost a bit more as well as requite an extra pin per LED thus extra trace on board. Not 50$ more but since people pay for it, they charge for it. Personally perfectly happy with my single color backlight, but if i had enough money that the 50$ didn't matter, sure why not RGB.

20 hours ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

I find it quite ridiculous how companies like Corsair and Razer use RGB as an excuse to charge more for their products. On my Steelseries mouse RGB is not a selling feature. It's just a nice add on. I don't mind Logitech where they release an RGB edition for $10 more but Corsair and Razer mark up their products just for the RGB. Here in Canada at my local Memory Express the RGB Corsair k70 is $50 more than the regular edition. Ludicrous. I'm just waiting for Corsair to release something stupid like an RGB Microphone. 

Yeah I completely agree, I have a friend of mine who bought all the Razer "Chroma" peripherals, he must have spent like $400 on everything to be RGB.