Vortex Pok3r or Ducky mini

Agent181
Go to solution Solved by P4LL3R,

To be honest, I didn't get to that yet. I'm happy to find the keys I need at the moment ;) 

But I will try it today.

Update: I have sucessfully programmed two macro-keys :D

Even though the layout can be quite a pain in the ass in the beginning, I start loving it more and more.

I followed this guide (starting at ~4:10): 

so im deciding with what keyboard to get and I narrowed it down to ducky mini and vortex pok3r.  

I dont really care that one has rgb and the other doesnt doesnt matter to me...

what I do need is macro customizing, I know the pok3r 3 has 4 layers built in so layer 3 and 4 can be set to macros but you can also customize the keys for the ducky mini but how much can you customize the ducky mini?

Right now I am leaning more towards the mini just because of the aluminum case.

My pok3r will arrive tomorrow, so maybe I can help you with your decision then. And by the way, the pok3r has an aluminium case too.

3 minutes ago, P4LL3R said:

My pok3r will arrive tomorrow, so maybe I can help you with your decision then. And by the way, the pok3r has an aluminium case too.

xD ohhh yes pls

But the Pok3r will be a double-challenge for me.

I live in Austria where we use the DE-ISO Layout, but I ordered it in Ansi-Layout. The reason for this is, that I want to be able to get some custom keycaps and there are no or only few keycaps in DE-ISO available.

The next challenge is the layout. The smallest keyboard layout I use at the moment is a Tenkeyless.

On 5/2/2016 at 11:34 PM, P4LL3R said:

But the Pok3r will be a double-challenge for me.

I live in Austria where we use the DE-ISO Layout, but I ordered it in Ansi-Layout. The reason for this is, that I want to be able to get some custom keycaps and there are no or only few keycaps in DE-ISO available.

The next challenge is the layout. The smallest keyboard layout I use at the moment is a Tenkeyless.

It shouldn't be that hard I was on a standard keyboard and switched to the quick fire tk, that was really simple going to it.  Only reason why I got this over a poker before was from no availability around and now there is 

So, today i got my Pok3r. The first thing I noticed: The build quality is amazing! The aluminium case definitly adds a lot of stiffness and quality. 

But it will definitly take some days until I'm getting used to the layout (both, Ansi and 60%). 

Here is a size comparison between the Pok3r, a TKL and a full-size keyboard:

2016_05_04-0437.jpg

Close-up of the Pok3r:

2016_05_04-0444.jpg

And the Pok3r on my desk:

2016_05_04-0446.jpg

After flashing the firmware-update there were also media-keys, so there is nothing missing anymore. But I do advice you to turn on Dip-Switch #3, which turn the Caps-Lock Key into an additional Fn-Key as nobody really need the Caps-Lock anyway and it is way more intuitive to use it than the designated Fn-Key (in my opinion).

I hope I could help you at least a bit ;)

1 hour ago, P4LL3R said:

snip

ok now I'm liking the pok3r.  have you tried the macro functions on it at all?

To be honest, I didn't get to that yet. I'm happy to find the keys I need at the moment ;) 

But I will try it today.

Update: I have sucessfully programmed two macro-keys :D

Even though the layout can be quite a pain in the ass in the beginning, I start loving it more and more.

I followed this guide (starting at ~4:10): 

9 hours ago, P4LL3R said:

snip

well I think im going with the pok3r then since the programming part will help a lot, plus it doesnt have that ugly bezel on it thanks for the help :D

On 5/4/2016 at 9:20 PM, P4LL3R said:

nobody really need the Caps-Lock anyway

...you are joking right? Nobody uses the Caps-Lock...well welcome to someone who uses it constantly (I'm one of these people who double tap the Caps-Lock key to type a letter in Caps), I will literally have to kill someone if I had to hold shift to enter a capital letter...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Okay, thats up to you. But I can't look at those guys, who use Caps-Lock for just one capital letter. I don't understand why anyone would do that instead of using shift. But as I said, thats up to you, do whatever feels best to you. But I can't remember when I used (or needed) Caps-Lock the last time. 

3 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

...you are joking right? Nobody uses the Caps-Lock...well welcome to someone who uses it constantly (I'm one of these people who double tap the Caps-Lock key to type a letter in Caps), I will literally have to kill someone if I had to hold shift to enter a capital letter...

I don't really ever use caps lock at all so I'll be fine

3 hours ago, P4LL3R said:

Okay, thats up to you. But I can't look at those guys, who use Caps-Lock for just one capital letter. I don't understand why anyone would do that instead of using shift. But as I said, thats up to you, do whatever feels best to you. But I can't remember when I used (or needed) Caps-Lock the last time. 

same here. the only time I use caps is to spam lol but not here 

Poker has more customization options, where as the ducky is infamous for it's rather large bezel.