OC on the cheap

hello guys, I was interested in some heavy overclocking and I saw cheap prices on this g3258 and I would like to buy this for some ln2 overclocking is it worth it?

secondly I need a motherboard for the chip would like to get a good overclocking without spending for a premium board any advice?

yeah its a pretty awesome OCing chip

you do need a board with great power delivery though for LN2 so you will need to buy a pretty premium board

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Schony125 said:

didnt want to go with asus.

what about this? http://it.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-z97x-soc_force_ln2rev_10/

yeah its great for OCing

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 minutes ago, Enderman said:

yeah its great for OCing

one question It says it doesn't have holes for mounting fans so the pot is just going to make contact with its own weight?

2 minutes ago, Schony125 said:

one question It says it doesn't have holes for mounting fans so the pot is just going to make contact with its own weight?

oh

is there a version that comes with holes?

it shows pics of CPU coolers mounted so i think you may have to drill your own holes

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

oh

is there a version that comes with holes?

it shows pics of CPU coolers mounted so i think you may have to drill your own holes

is it normal? just drill through the mobo with a drill?

Just now, Schony125 said:

is it normal? just drill through the mobo with a drill?

if there are special spots for it yeah

which it looks like

maybe look at some reviews of the board first to find out how people are mounting their coolers to it

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

if there are special spots for it yeah

which it looks like

maybe look at some reviews of the board first to find out how people are mounting their coolers to it

ok thank you for the help

going to sleep

have a good one :)