CPU Misprint/defect??HELP!!

I bought an Intel core i7 4790k CPU and an MSI z97s sli krait edition motherboard and I'm trying to install my CPU right now by lining up the gold triangle on the CPU with the triangle on the motherboard but when I line up the triangles, the notches on the CPU don't line up with the motherboard and when I line up the notches, the triangles don't line up, I've also looked up multiple YouTube videos of people installing this same CPU into this same motherboard and my CPU's triangle is located in a different spot than everyone else's I don't know what's wrong with my CPU someone please help!!!!

pic plz

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Glorgon44 said:

image.jpeg

uh, do you not see the sticker on the CPU???

this is not a 4790k

thats a fake...

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

uh, do you not see the sticker on the CPU???

this is not a 4790k

thats a fake...

Omg I ordered this from Amazon I can't believe they sent me a fake any advice on what to do??

Omg I ordered this from Amazon I can't believe they sent me a fake any advice on what to do??

return it asap

Spoiler

Ok thanks a lot man you saved my butt 

i'm hoping you also didnt buy a fake motherboard

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Glorgon44 said:

Ok thanks a lot man you saved my butt 

It should look a little more like this.

Did you by chance get it from a vendor on Amazon and not Amazon itself?

Notice how the notches on the left and right side are parallel with the lettering? 

20160406_102043.jpg

Most definitely a fake. Contact Amazon they will sort you out they have great service.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

HAHAH You got a hong konger cpu?

This is so funny, first time i've ever seen this. oh my god that's horrible.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

54 minutes ago, Glorgon44 said:

snip

I've heard many stories of the Amazon fake CPU, but haven't seen one with my own two eyes until now. Sorry that happened to you, and hopefully Amazon clears it up fast. Kudos on not trying to force the CPU into place and damaging your motherboard in the process.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.