The Wan Show Twitch Stream Today

Ok I tuned into the Wan Show today and the stream appeared to be having many issues. Was up and down quite a few times? I have noticed issues before like intro music and video not working properly. They have had issues with there VOD software and simply viewing their own notes as they have mentioned in stream before. The Wan Show rarely starts on time and has frequent issues with hardware or software? I am almost convinced they walk into studio or go to there Wan Show set and just start when they are ready. They don't appear to test equipment or stream before starting. I just can't believe they don't do any preparation for twitch broadcast beyond making notes and getting ready with talking point? Linus do you test equipment same day of broadcast? Do you verify that stream is working or that you can connect to twitch and you have the equipment set up right? I mean I stream once a week for my weekly Mythic raid and i spend half hour to an hour verifying everything is working right. Sometimes i test stream with a separate account just to verify the setup and equipment is working. I also have a dedicated laptop that just displays stream so that i can see that it is working. Yes it takes time to verify equipment works etc, but I can't imagine you would not delegate testing if you did not have time to? Or you could just delay stream by another 10 to 15 min to verify it all works on your end? I mean you were already 20 to 25 min late adding another 5 min to fire up test stream on random twitch channel for testing can be done quick?

I can understand that your busy Linus and that twitch is not your primary concern as I imagine that you do not do that many shows that broadcast live? I watch some of your youtube video's but most of the time I know of you because of the Wan Show and pay little or not attention to the rest of your offerings. I really like it and how you format it. I really don't care about the VOD issues beyond the fact I could not watch it live. I can always catch it on youtube. But If you are having basic issues with simply pushing live content out and having your hardware behave what does that say about how much crap has to be going on behind the scenes that causes that? Is time management so much of an issue that after years of putting out a show you are still having issues simply putting up sponsor banner on lower third? Really? This should all be tested long before you go live. If this is a time management issue with respect to other commitments I don't know what to say. I love the Wan show and very rarely have any complaints beyond what I have stated here. But if you do not have time or the staff to commit to getting it right why are you doing it when simply displaying a web page or getting a banner or video to display is so problematic that it affects the quality of the broadcast?

I have noticed your youtube video production quality is top notch. No complaints there. Looks very polished and professional. I am of the opposite opinion of the Wan Show. Almost seems like an after thought goes into production and such. Btw i am not a professional or highly educated. My opinion is from the back seat and I have no experience running a business or working in an office environment. I know nothing of video production or about how to go about running a media company. But I hope you improve the Wan Show production efforts. I will still watch it regardless of quality but would love to be able to watch it on twitch live and not have to wait in channel hoping you show up as you can be like half hour to 40 min late some times. You have issues where you do not even have the doc working when you start and/or your laptop you use misbehaves or your streaming equipment is not working right. I'm sure today was just twitch be ddos'ed or such or your internet hiccuped. But you should be ready for that and just put a message up saying what is going on and yada yada. Most twitch personalities i know that stream every day have issues too but they talk about them and post about it not just gripe mid stream about software and equipment failures.

I had been commenting on the video you put up about stream starting and was going to reply to a comment about a post i put about it but when i went to do that video said it was private. That kind of makes sense if it was just there temporarily to announce stream. Would be a good idea to turn commenting off if you can because when you get many many replies and a discussion in youtube comments that suddenly disappears it can be very annoying to people discussing the video. Sure I am little bit of an idiot for posting in what appears to be a video that was only a placeholder for stream starting. Would be nice if commenting had been turned off as everything i wrote is now gone. Wasted my time as no one can read it.

I am not a troll and rarely make comments or post on forums. I am frustrated and do not even bother posting in twitch stream as you on screen behavior towards twitch chat appears very negative from my POV. I am sure there are many people that are rude and/or trolling. But not everyone does. I love your show but your apparent indifference to quality based on past behavior with regards to twitch alarms me as I can't see how you profit from it and I don not see a business that does much that is not profit driven. Again I don't know how to run a business and only have a high school education but I worry that you might decide it is too much trouble if current attitude on stream is any indication of what is going on.

There was apparently an internet outage in Langley, not much you can do.

"Why did you even wake up this morning?"

- A very bad man.

Yes it happens. I just thought i would gripe about a few issues i have had over the last few months about the show.

according to twitter posts i saw around wan show time  lizard squad has a hard-on for ltt during wan show time thats probably why the forums went down ( now looking thur it they did take down the forums also ). also cloud flare ddoss protection  isnt perfect since they hit it hard from the looks and over powered what protected the forums . my guess the last 3 wan shows lizard squad probably was causing the wan show to drop . and yes ltt doesnt really test the stuff before  hand most of the wan show setup is used for the videos so its piece mealed apart then back together for wan time. and yes some times the equipment sometimes doesn't work . the YouTube video will for most of the time work for the wan show if.

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

3 hours ago, ne0rmatrix said:

Yes it happens. I just thought i would gripe about a few issues i have had over the last few months about the show.

I definantly agree that the WAN show could use some work. I really want them to move away from twitch to a new platform. A few streamers that I watch have moved to beam.pro recently, and that service is fantastic and superior to twitch in everyway. Also, I would like them to se up a whole system including camera, mics, stream pc, notes/chat pcs, and anything else that they use weakly and have it all permanently installed at the WAN show set.

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

I don't mind watching on Saturday on youtube, but it is nice to watch it live, at least it used to be.

Getting 40 seconds of footage and then nothing for 5 minutes is impossible - it seems to tie in with this site going down as well. It's very, very strange.

There's nothing linus could have done this week, he was off to a good start until he got slammed out of nowhere by lizard squad. The wan show may not be perfect but as long as it works linus will roll with it because well he has to make the youtube monies :D. 

Status from them themselves

It is, in fairness. Kudos to them for keeping up the content when they're getting f'd over, too.

I've stopped trying to catch it live because of their issues

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I'm confused, was this a ddos by lizard squad or was it an outage. Lizard Squad seems to claim responsibility 

Current Rig (rekt)

Core i7 6950x; Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10;  Corsair Dominatior Platinum 64gb (4x16); Nvidia Gtx Titan X (Pascal) x2; Lian Li PC-08WBW;

maybe it's the fire. you guys anywhere's near that up there?

but I too wait a day or whatever to see it on youtube. It's just not worth the hassle. besides, I can jump past anything I don't like that way...... like the unprofessional rambling about stuff most of us know anything about. Lets stick with the information format and leave the idiocracy behind. Seems the shows don't have enough pertinent information delivered in a timely manner any more. Didn't we have this talk about professionalism a while back>?