triple monitor set up, how do i?

Go to solution Solved by mikat,
Just now, theguysthatlookatyou said:

so if i was to buy 2 dvi to hdmi converters, and connected them all to the same 3 monitors (Acer G247HYL) i would be fine?

Yes.

so i intend on getting 3 monitors each have and hdmi port, but my graphixs card (xfx r9 390x) only has one hdmi port. my gpu though has 2 dvi ports as well, and so does the monitor i want to get.

should i 

1. just get two dvi cables and one hdmi and set that up,

2. or is there a way to have some sort of splitter to split the hdmi? what would be better?

3.should i get a different monitor? i hav an under 200 budget, and the monitors that i want to get (linked below) seemed pretty good despite missing vesa mounting capabilities?

gpu: http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Dissipation-1050MHZ-Graphics-R9-390X-F28M/dp/B00ZFNDQ76?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_4&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

monitor: http://www.amazon.com/Acer-G247HYL-bmidx-23-8-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00X4090UO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

4 minutes ago, theguysthatlookatyou said:

so i intend on getting 3 monitors each have and hdmi port, but my graphixs card (xfx r9 390x) only has one hdmi port. my gpu though has 2 dvi ports as well, and so does the monitor i want to get.

should i 

1. just get two dvi cables and one hdmi and set that up,

2. or is there a way to have some sort of splitter to split the hdmi? what would be better?

3.should i get a different monitor? i hav an under 200 budget, and the monitors that i want to get (linked below) seemed pretty good despite missing vesa mounting capabilities?

gpu: http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Dissipation-1050MHZ-Graphics-R9-390X-F28M/dp/B00ZFNDQ76?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_4&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

monitor: http://www.amazon.com/Acer-G247HYL-bmidx-23-8-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00X4090UO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

DVI ports will act as HDMI ports if connected to an HDMI device. Just get some DVI to HDMI cables.

Also just FYI the 390X will only support 3 monitors all running on DVI/HDMI if they're all the same, you can only have up to 2 unique monitors on DVI/HDMI on current AMD cards.

so if i was to buy 2 dvi to hdmi converters, and connected them all to the same 3 monitors (Acer G247HYL) i would be fine?

3 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

DVI ports will act as HDMI ports if connected to an HDMI device. Just get some DVI to HDMI cables.

Also just FYI the 390X will only support 3 monitors all running on DVI/HDMI if they're all the same, you can only have up to 2 unique monitors on DVI/HDMI on current AMD cards.

he linked us one monitor so he's planning on buying 3 of the same monitor so no need to worry about that :)

also another question, i might have the chance of getting some 1080p monitors (3 of them) from a friend for about$70 but they have a 7ms response time, is a 7 ms response time noticeable

Just now, theguysthatlookatyou said:

also another question, i might have the chance of getting some 1080p monitors (3 of them) from a friend for about$70 but they have a 7ms response time, is a 7 ms response time noticeable

no, 

that's less than half a frame :)

1 second = 1000 ms

1000/60=16,7 ms

2 minutes ago, theguysthatlookatyou said:

Yes, though generally I recommend getting cables with DVI on one end and HDMI on the other, rather than getting an adapter, it's a bit less clunky.

1 minute ago, theguysthatlookatyou said:

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

7 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Yes, though generally I recommend getting cables with DVI on one end and HDMI on the other, rather than getting an adapter, it's a bit less clunky.

o ok! thanks, as i havnt bought the cables yet