One handed gaming

grayblizzard

So I have a boxers fracture ( fifth metacarpal is broken. This is on my right hand making mouse work almost impossible. ARE THERE ANY CHEAP, FUN KEYBOARD ONLY ONE HANDED GAMES?

thanks for your help!!!

image.jpeg

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

2 minutes ago, grayblizzard said:

So I have a boxers fracture ( fifth metacarpal is broken. This is on my right hand making mouse work almost impossible. ARE THERE ANY CHEAP, FUN ONE HANDED KEYBOARD ONLY ONE HANDED GAMES?

thanks for your help!!!

Yes, that is EXACTLY why you only want to use one hand ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And yes, in fact, there are many. 

SuperCrateBox

VVVVVV

SuperHexagon

OpenHexagon

FTL: Faster Than Light (technically uses the mouse, but has left hand keybaord shortcuts for almost everything, also spacebar is pause, so it works well with one hand)

Tetris

Minesweeper?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just now, Stardar1 said:

Yes, that is EXACTLY why you only want to use one hand ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And yes, in fact, there are many. 

SuperCrateBox

VVVVVV

SuperHexagon

OpenHexagon

FTL: Faster Than Light (technically uses the mouse, but has left hand keybaord shortcuts for almost everything, also spacebar is pause, so it works well with one hand)

Tetris

Minesweeper?

I will look into those thanks

Just now, grayblizzard said:

SuperCrateBox may need rebinds, as i seem to recall it uses Z, X, and arrow keys. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

1 minute ago, grayblizzard said:

Also VVVVVV, SuperHexagon and OpenHexagon can be controlled with WASD instead of arrow keys.

Solitaire. 

Just now, Narnash said:

Crypt of the Necrodancer, should also work well !

OH YES

i forgot this one. 

Solitaire. 

cat mario is fun

albeit you have to have the patience level of a god

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

its not a keyboard game, but bloons td battles is pretty good.  Free on steam.  you can use just the mouse.  Pretty simple game, so using your left hand with mouse should be fine.  As a bonus, you can sync up the game to your phone or tablet, and play it more there.  

Not really the best game out there, but its free on steam, and android and ios, so... why not?

I myself have put many hours into this, as its a really fun casual game that i can play on basically anything.  They are always updating it too surprisingly.

hell, heres the link to play it now from creators website.  if you like it, download it off steam, its just better that way.  

http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Tower-Defense/Play/Bloons-TD-Battles.html

this is the single player version that you play now as a guest, without creating accounts and stuff.  Gives you a feel for the game, cost money on steam, and android and ios, so.... thats why the other one is better.

http://ninjakiwi.com/Games/Tower-Defense/Play/Bloons-Tower-Defense-5.html

You would be better off getting a cheap ambidextrous mouse and learning to use your left hand. There a ton of games that would be just fine with only a mouse.

when i broke my arm i played digimon world 3

can get it on emulator

Fractal Design Core 2500 i7 4770k GA-Z87X-UD5H Cooler Master Hyper D92 Kingston HyperX 8GB  Powercolor r9 390 PCS+ Antec HCG-620M 

11 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

oh god, no pls

I can hear the music now. 

Solitaire. 

How are you with rpg adventure games? I played "The legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky"

Pretty much exclusively with one hand, that aswell as the second game "Trails in the sky SC"

Pretty solid jrpg's, will probably get 50+ hours out of each. 

Undertale, another solid rpg, pretty sure it's mostly one handed. I would like to reccommend 
avernum aswell, escape from the pit and and crystal souls(the second game) Absolutely 

fantastic games! great and interesting world, superb setting that really lets you indulge in

the world they have created. The writing really makes the game for me. 

I don't quite remember if you can get through avernum exclusively on keyboard, it might be

tad tricky, but i think you can. Take that with a grain of salt though, i have more than 90 hours
in each. 

I don't think any of them are particularly pricey on either steam or gog.com, especially not 

considering about amount of content you get for the price.

18 minutes ago, tobben said:

How are you with rpg adventure games? I played "The legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky"

Pretty much exclusively with one hand, that aswell as the second game "Trails in the sky SC"

Pretty solid jrpg's, will probably get 50+ hours out of each. 

Undertale, another solid rpg, pretty sure it's mostly one handed. I would like to reccommend 
avernum aswell, escape from the pit and and crystal souls(the second game) Absolutely 

fantastic games! great and interesting world, superb setting that really lets you indulge in

the world they have created. The writing really makes the game for me. 

I don't quite remember if you can get through avernum exclusively on keyboard, it might be

tad tricky, but i think you can. Take that with a grain of salt though, i have more than 90 hours
in each. 

I don't think any of them are particularly pricey on either steam or gog.com, especially not 

considering about amount of content you get for the price.

thanks ill look into it

i have had the same issue before.  I gamed anyways with the broken metacarpal.  just got to hold your arm up higher on the mouse.  will get tired pretty quickly, just take breaks.