Playstation and Xbox on PC?

So, just built a crazy high end PC and sat in my chair to reflect at all my work. After maxing out AAA games and benchmarking... a somberness set in. I miss Ratchet and Clank, I miss Crash Bandicoot, I want to play Jack and Daxter. Please friends of the internet, I've searched without any luck... is there a way?

Can I play Xbox 360, PS, PS1, PS2 or even PS3 games on a PC? I must know...

Thanks,

Mr. Nostalgia

8 minutes ago, TriFlix Films said:

So, just built a crazy high end PC and sat in my chair to reflect at all my work. After maxing out AAA games and benchmarking... a somberness set in. I miss Ratchet and Clank, I miss Crash Bandicoot, I want to play Jack and Daxter. Please friends of the internet, I've searched without any luck... is there a way?

Can I play Xbox 360, PS, PS1, PS2 or even PS3 games on a PC? I must know...

Thanks,

Mr. Nostalgia

Yes, through a beefy computer and an emulator. You can't use the physical disks though, you have to download roms.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

as far as i can remember there is psx and psx2 for playstation 1 and 2 xeon for the original xbox. i also recall there being a buggy, 5fps emulator for xbox 360 or ps3, i cant recall the name or for which it was.

1 hour ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Yes, through a beefy computer and an emulator. You can't use the physical disks though, you have to download roms.

1 hour ago, aajjeee said:

as far as i can remember there is psx and psx2 for playstation 1 and 2 xeon for the original xbox. i also recall there being a buggy, 5fps emulator for xbox 360 or ps3, i cant recall the name or for which it was.

Thank you! Hopefully this will guide me a bit... so it there any purpose in keeping the discs? or would the only way to download roms? If not I'll probably just sell or repurpose the discs into art :)

55 minutes ago, TriFlix Films said:

Thank you! Hopefully this will guide me a bit... so it there any purpose in keeping the discs? or would the only way to download roms? If not I'll probably just sell or repurpose the discs into art :)

Keep the discs, as downloading roms without the discs is illegal.

Edited by ShadowTechXTS

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 hour ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Keep the discs as downloading roms without the discs is illegal.

Discs as downloading roms? I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. Could you direct me to a link?

33 minutes ago, TriFlix Films said:

Discs as downloading roms? I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by this. Could you direct me to a link?

Keep the discs, as downloading roms without the disks is illegal

✨PC Specs✨

its considered piracy to download roms if you dont own the discs, but if you do own them, a quick search for ''rom'' or ''iso'' will give them to you

This is why you have your consoles plugged into your 2nd monitor at your desk so you can still play them when you feel inclined :) 

2 hours ago, Newenthusiast said:

This is why you have your consoles plugged into your 2nd monitor at your desk so you can still play them when you feel inclined :) 

Space, modernism, and... the real reason. Money. haha
The PS2 is at my dads (Divorced)
Mom is selling the family Xbox

I don't have a PS1, PS3, or Xbox1 so it makes more since to just buy the games and trying to use them on the computer

Plus my monitor is a 48" TV so I won't be missing any of the things that make consoles great :)

13 hours ago, aajjeee said:

With dx12, they actually have functional and playable emulators for both 360 and ps3. Just not many games work on them yet. They can easily push around 40-60 fps.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.