Strange spot on monitor

ReaperWarLord

today I accidentally spilled water on my monitor and as a result I was greeted with this spot on my monitor I was wondering if anyone would know whether or not this will go away by itself or what I can do if anything to try and fix it.

IMG_20160423_211814[1].jpg

Well, the chances for that your monitor is going to be fine again is very smal. It will almost certainly not go away by itself. I would seek expert help if it is an expensive monitor.

Spilled water on your monitor? Was your monitor lying flat on your desk or something? Because under no circumstances/situations, I can think of a time where I've had a glass of water above my monitors...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Find a repair store and ask them what they think about it. If you want you could take the monitor apart and let it dry out. Look at the pcb in a couple days and see if there is any green corrosion shit on it and if there is then take lots of photos and then get a cotton bud and use it to wipe the affected areas with isopropyl alcohol. 

I'm not an expert, this is just from my knowlege of watching lots of videos on people repairing laptops and my knowledge of electronics. 

And to actually be helpful, it probably won't fix itself as I wouldn't be surprised if you damaged a logic board or shorted a cable...if you ever spill water again on electronics, try to disconnect the power then let it sit and dry for at lease 48 hours (or a week if the place it's drying is not well ventilated)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :)