Junking a desktop

So I have an AMD FX -4130 3.8Ghz cpu on a MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard with 4 Gb of ram, no storage drive or fans and the cpu cooler was removed so it need new thermal paste. question is, is it a rig worth doing anything with? my guess is no since the part are out of production but just looking for confirmation before i throw the whole thing into a bin. (it's a former workstation at my office)

Current Rig: ASUS Prime Z390-P, Core i7 9700k, 48GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V RAM, EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black, 512 GB NVME SSD boot drive, 2TB HDD, 360mm CoolerMaster MasterLiquid AIO, 1200W Rosewill Photon power supply

Former Rig (RIP 11-29-19): Cyberpower Fangbook 4 Xtreme   CPU: Intel i7-6700K   GPU: Nvidia 980m 8GB   RAM: 24GB DDR4 2133   SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO   Main Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 300

1 minute ago, PHWOARR said:

So I have an AMD FX -4130 3.8Ghz cpu on a MSI 760GM-P23 motherboard with 4 Gb of ram, no storage drive or fans and the cpu cooler was removed so it need new thermal paste. question is, is it a rig worth doing anything with? my guess is no since the part are out of production but just looking for confirmation before i throw the whole thing into a bin. (it's a former workstation at my office)

I would take it off your hands.

Just now, GamerzCentralYT said:

I would take it off your hands.

aight, just so you know too, it doesn't have a graphics card. but if you want it, it's only headed for the trash heap anyway, so s+h and it's yours.

Current Rig: ASUS Prime Z390-P, Core i7 9700k, 48GB DDR4 3200 G.Skill Ripjaws V RAM, EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black, 512 GB NVME SSD boot drive, 2TB HDD, 360mm CoolerMaster MasterLiquid AIO, 1200W Rosewill Photon power supply

Former Rig (RIP 11-29-19): Cyberpower Fangbook 4 Xtreme   CPU: Intel i7-6700K   GPU: Nvidia 980m 8GB   RAM: 24GB DDR4 2133   SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO   Main Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 300

Just now, PHWOARR said:

aight, just so you know too, it doesn't have a graphics card. but if you want it, it's only headed for the trash heap anyway, so s+h and it's yours.

PM me.

id take it but your in the US and im in Sweden and its a freaking computer xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

id take it but your in the US and im in Sweden and its a freaking computer xD 

yeah sorry mate. But i tell you what, didn't expect people would want it lol hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure

2 minutes ago, PHWOARR said:

yeah sorry mate. But i tell you what, didn't expect people would want it lol hey, one man's trash is another man's treasure

well i was going to use it as a LAN box because i have a 8800GT laying around lol. oldish hardware can go pretty fast if its the right stuff :) 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Dont just throw Anything out !!! Office-ware is Sum of the Best componets!!!!!! Heck if he doesnt get it I WILL !!!!! ;

I've actually been looking for a cheap home server. If you're just giving it away, would you potentially want $20 for it? I'll have to check on whether I have room where I want to stick it, but at worst it'll only take a new case. 

Edit: and S+H

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.

51 minutes ago, RustyBaked said:

Dont just throw Anything out !!! Office-ware is Sum of the Best componets!!!!!! Heck if he doesnt get it I WILL !!!!! ;

43 minutes ago, Ryoutarou97 said:

I've actually been looking for a cheap home server. If you're just giving it away, would you potentially want $20 for it? I'll have to check on whether I have room where I want to stick it, but at worst it'll only take a new case. 

Edit: and S+H

sorry guys, it's sold. But thanks for the interest! I thought this thing was a junker but i guess it's worth something. I have more boxes that the company is junking, i'll keep you guys informed. The boss isn't good at tech stuff, and luckily, we've got a place to take advantage of it lol

2 hours ago, PHWOARR said:

It would be good as a server, but please don't toss it in the trash especially if it works, there are electronics recyclers that specialize in handling electronics, and charities that take old computers, refurbish them and then give them to people.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

1 hour ago, PHWOARR said:

sorry guys, it's sold. But thanks for the interest! I thought this thing was a junker but i guess it's worth something. I have more boxes that the company is junking, i'll keep you guys informed. The boss isn't good at tech stuff, and luckily, we've got a place to take advantage of it lol

lol pretty much any old computer makes a good NAS or something because all you need to do is add in a few TB in HDDs and you're good. Maybe grab one for yourself? If you get more like this can you PM me? (Or post in here b/c I'm following the thread).

Tip to those that are new on LTT forum- quote a post so that the person you are quoting gets a notification, otherwise they'll have no idea that you did. You can also use a tag such as @Ryoutarou97 (replace my username with anyone's. You should get a dropdown after you type the "@")to send a notification, but quoting is preferable.

Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything be it tech, math, literature, etc. I'll try my best to help. I'm currently looking for a cheap used build for around $25 to set up as a home server if anyone is selling.

If you are a native speaker please use proper English if you can. Punctuation, capitalization, and spelling are as important to making your message readable as proper night theme formatting is.

My build is fully operational, but won't be posted until after I get a GPU in it and the case arted up.