Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 240 how good?

Just sold my CM N200 case to purchase a better case probably Corsair 350D or 750D. I initially wanted to purchase a Black Ice GTX or SR-1 240. But I wanted to make good use of the space for installing rads. 2 240 rads on the 350D but have to install a thinner rad probably around 30mm thick on top while on the 750D I've yet to see because it's not out yet but looking at the specs I'm guessing a 240 or 280 in front, 360 or 280 on top and 120 or 140 on rear and possibly something on the bottom if the front rad isn't too thick.

I've always seen the Monsta but never considered it because it was too thick for my case. But now that I'm getting a new one I'm considering purchasing it but don't really know a lot about it if it's high fpi or not or how much heat dissipation it can do?

Just sold my CM N200 case to purchase a better case probably Corsair 350D or 750D. I initially wanted to purchase a Black Ice GTX or SR-1 240. But I wanted to make good use of the space for installing rads. 2 240 rads on the 350D but have to install a thinner rad probably around 30mm thick on top while on the 750D I've yet to see because it's not out yet but looking at the specs I'm guessing a 240 or 280 in front, 360 or 280 on top and 120 or 140 on rear and possibly something on the bottom if the front rad isn't too thick.

I've always seen the Monsta but never considered it because it was too thick for my case. But now that I'm getting a new one I'm considering purchasing it but don't really know a lot about it if it's high fpi or not or how much heat dissipation it can do?

The Monsta has a really low FPI, measuring in at 9 FPI.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

What about heat dissipation? How many watts can it dissipate?

What about heat dissipation? How many watts can it dissipate?

I usually use this equation: width x length x thickness x .000291231 to find the max amount of watts a rad can disperse.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Thanks. Used your equation and got a result of approx. 670 watts. That's a lot for a 240 rad. But it is pretty thick at 80mm

Thanks. Used your equation and got a result of approx. 670 watts. That's a lot for a 240 rad. But it is pretty thick at 80mm

Remember: that does not take fan RPM into consideration. That is just the overall max Watts the rad can disperse.

I'll remember that. It's a whole lot than what I need it for though. But I'm guessing to get even close to 600 I gotta get the fans spinning 1800-2000 rpm or even more.

I'll remember that. It's a whole lot than what I need it for though. But I'm guessing to get even close to 600 I gotta get the fans spinning 1800-2000 rpm or even more.

what are you going to be cooling? You can run the fans at a pretty low rpm if you add another rad.

Here's what I want to cool:

i5-4670K

EVGA GTX 780 SC x2

On top of that I plan on adding another 240 rad but it has to be at least 30mm thick. So I calculated I'll be needing at least 584 watts of cooling. With the Monsta and another 240 do you think I'll be able to achieve that?

Here's what I want to cool:

i5-4670K

EVGA GTX 780 SC x2

On top of that I plan on adding another 240 rad but it has to be at least 30mm thick. So I calculated I'll be needing at least 584 watts of cooling. With the Monsta and another 240 do you think I'll be able to achieve that?

as a baseline a CPU/2GPU needs a minimum of 360x 60 and 240x 60 to hold the

CPU temps under 70° and GPU under 50° using 1000-1200rpm fans. anything

short of that, your are going to battle fan speed issues (noise) and temperature

inconsistencies. a skinny 240 and monsta 240 can hold a CPU/GPU just fine, but

the second GPU is going to take any/all headroom and to overcome this 2000rpm+

fans to try and regain some sort of thermal performance.

airdeano

Thanks airdeano! Guess that means I'll have to purchase a bigger case. I was gunning for the 350D but looks like I'll have to spend extra for a 750D when it comes out. Still little wondering why Corsair haven't put it on their site when I've already seen a video of it although it was taken down right away. I don't really mind fan noise. I find it a little good coz it reminds me my pc's still on. Just not the 38mm fans. Those bastards are like jet engines.

So with a 750D, it'd be possible for a 360x60mm on top, a 240 monsta up front. Will that be enough?

Thanks airdeano! Guess that means I'll have to purchase a bigger case. I was gunning for the 350D but looks like I'll have to spend extra for a 750D when it comes out.

the NDA (non-disclosure agreement) does not lapse until September 24 (this coming

Tuesday), but some peeps "leak" or accidently release info that wasn't to be public

like this: NCIX ad placement (calling it a carbide case - LOLs)

airdeano

I see. That's funny. Don't they know the cases with a "d" suffix are obsidians? And "r" are carbides? Anyway, I'm glad it doesn't cost as much as I thought it would considering the 650d is somewhere around $200 and the 800d is $300.

So what about the rads? 240 monsta and a 360 xspc rx or black ice gtx? Will it work for my setup?

Alphacool UT60 360 and UT60 240

XSPC RX360 and RX240

Phobya G-Changer 360 and G-Changer 240

HardwareLabs SR1 360 and SR1 240

Coolgate Ultimate 360 and Ultimate 240

EK XTX 360 and XTX 240

these combos will be excellent for the CPU/2GPU cooling. unless you are cramped

for install space i usually not use Monsta. but no reasons not to use on with the proper

fans..

airdeano

Thanks for the recommendations! I see a couple of ones I'm familiar with like the RX, SR-1 and XTX. They're all within performance range of each other and only difference is aesthetics, price and a little on the size. I'm gonna look into all of them and make a final decision when I get a case. For fans I'll stick with SP120 performance editions.  Thanks again!