Official Launch Date for World of Warcraft Legion

handymanshandle

World of Warcraft  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying Legion? And do you Currently play WoW, or will this be your first expansion?

• Yes
    • No
    • Currently play WoW
    • This will be my first time playing
  2. 2. Should Blizzard open up Legacy Servers and have a small subscription fee to use them?

• Yes
    • No

Here are some initial topics about Legion:

So Blizzard has announced the release date of Legion on their Facebook and Twitter page additionally on their website as well.

The 30th of August is when we'll see Legion released

I personally think that it's cool that it's sooner than what at least I expected.

A couple months ago, Blizzard had announced the system requirements and it's kinda cool to see that Blizz is actually interested in making the game more modern even though it keeps its 12 year old engine on board even though they've done some tweaks to it since its original original launch.

I still would like to see further graphical improvements  and optimization for PC also with more content for soloing and leveling and even doing PvP, Raids and Dungeons.

Honestly I do agree that leveling is quite a bit easier than I remember (at least in WotLK). 

I wish leveling had a little more challenge to it like it did in earlier versions of WoW.  Of course I'm aware Legion won't do that and it's possible it'll be even easier to level. 

I suppose sort of on topic would be the shut down Nostalrius, I don't hate blizzard for what they did I can understand where they're coming from. I also understand where the supporters of Nostalrius are coming from too. I think it'd be grand if Blizz decided to start up or allow legacy servers of old expansions like MoP, Cata, WotLK, etc. just for people wanting to relive their favorite expansion.

So I guess a question that I don't quite think that could be in the poll is, what are you looking forward to most in Legion, and What are you least looking forward to in Legion?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

I recently started to get back into WoW, but i've started with a fresh account. 

Mists Of Pandaria is shit, and Warlords Of Draenor is over-done cut-scenes and scripted events.

Looking forward to Legion, to make a sexy nelf check demon hunter, and to see what they're gonna do with Illidan in the plot. Since he kinda got cockblocked by his own brother, and told to fuck off. And he was left for dead by Arthas.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

3 minutes ago, Fulgrim said:

I recently started to get back into WoW, but i've started with a fresh account. 

Mists Of Pandaria is shit, and Warlords Of Draenor is over-done cut-scenes and scripted events.

Looking forward to Legion, to make a sexy nelf check demon hunter, and to see what they're gonna do with Illidan in the plot. Since he kinda got cockblocked by his own brother, and told to fuck off. And he was left for dead by Arthas.

I didn't mind MoP, and WoD yeah it's not great.

I stopped playing Wow about a year ago as the PvP in WoD sucked anal hair.. I always said to myself I'd start playing again when legion came out, but when I saw the release date I said to myself "oh no, so soon?". 

So unless the PvP is awesome and hunters have been nerfed to the ground I won't be playing it, at least not at launch 

1 hour ago, Rammix said:

I stopped playing Wow about a year ago as the PvP in WoD sucked anal hair.. I always said to myself I'd start playing again when legion came out, but when I saw the release date I said to myself "oh no, so soon?". 

So unless the PvP is awesome and hunters have been nerfed to the ground I won't be playing it, at least not at launch 

PvP was never my thing. Older PvP stuff wasn't too bad though. Ashran was pretty much the only thing for PvP in WoD iirc.

Hunters and Rogues and Druids can be quite annoying. Hunters don't need to be nerfed they just need to be made equal.

I think we should have free to play legacy servers I've paid enough over the years to warrant a free experience for fucking once.

I feel the only reason I'm still playing is the nostalgia effect, it's a shame that the MMO genre at the moment is absolutely shit. Seeing as it is one of my favourite genres.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

27 minutes ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

I think we should have free to play legacy servers I've paid enough over the years to warrant a free experience for fucking once.

I feel the only reason I'm still playing is the nostalgia effect, it's a shame that the MMO genre at the moment is absolutely shit. Seeing as it is one of my favourite genres.

Activision owns Blizzard. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't let something that used to be payed for become free. 

Yeah it's be even more amazing if Blizz did legacy servers for free but it's not likely.

Yeah, legacy servers would bring me back into playing. I still remember doing the naxx pre-reqs. I remember when being a leathworker was the best thing in the world for a guild to have back when you did onyxia and got the drop for the cloak pattern and grabbed the scales to make the cloaks for your raid to be able to handle BWL back when level 60 fire resistance sets were not a recommendation but a requirement. I enjoyed BC days, and really loved WOTLK. But then it started going down. MoP was dreadful, and WoD... don't even get me started. I pre-ordered to boost a character to have on a different server with friends, but I think I've logged maybe 10 hours in WoD since its released and never reactivated my account after being so annoyed with it. ALTHOUGH I hear the raids in WoD are some of the most complex....

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

2 hours ago, wcreek said:

Activision owns Blizzard. I'm fairly sure they wouldn't let something that used to be payed for become free. 

Yeah it's be even more amazing if Blizz did legacy servers for free but it's not likely.

Yeah it's a shame you can literally see the point in time Activision took over and it just take a nose dive. To be honest the fault lies partly with the players there should've been greater revolts and riots with the introduction of RF and pay to win aspects such as buy able max levels and WoW Tokens. Guess they realised it would get them more money if they switched to a micro transaction model as well as subscription. They must've hired some reaaaaal greedy goblins.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

28 minutes ago, RuffRuffmcgruff said:

Yeah it's a shame you can literally see the point in time Activision took over and it just take a nose dive. To be honest the fault lies partly with the players there should've been greater revolts and riots with the introduction of RF and pay to win aspects such as buy able max levels and WoW Tokens. Guess they realised it would get them more money if they switched to a micro transaction model as well as subscription. They must've hired some reaaaaal greedy goblins.

I don't mind the micro transactions honestly. Though it's obvious Activision Blizz put it in to make more money off the game. Though the buyable max level is a bit odd.

luke " 8:30 "

Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" "Legion," he replied, because many demons had gone into him.

fx-8350 @4,4Ghz/sapphire r9 fury/2x 8gb Kingstone ddr3 @2030Mhz

3 minutes ago, dimitriianghelov said:

luke " 8:30 "

I'm not religious (I generally detest it) (I'm an agnostic atheist) but that is an interesting coincidence...

5 hours ago, wcreek said:

I'm not religious (I generally detest it) (I'm an agnostic atheist) but that is an interesting coincidence...

Blizzard is the antichrist! :P

I haven't played WoW in a few months,  WoD has been a pretty boring expansion. I might get Legion if the reviews are good, but I likely won't play it too often as my current profession (OTR Truck Driver) leaves me with little free time (50-70 hour work weeks)

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Good it's coming sooner, as Blizzard said, they wanted to start releasing expansions sooner.

Either way I'll be playing it, I play WoW from start up till now. Last few years mainly PvP that keeps me in game. I do less PvE though. But I really do enjoy PvP (even though imbalance here and there) and I play it competitive. No any other MMORPG out there that haves attention or that PvP is good like WoW system, which feels responsive and haves momentum, though some are really close and quite solid.

As far as raiding, I would like to see 40man again, cause that's just awesome and epic. And PvP wise they really need to update and hotfix changes sooner on live more frequent rather than some minor changes on PTR like yearly. More major changes can be good and easily adjusted by need. All in all they need to do balancing updates more frequent and on live servers.

Legion alpha is still on and there's content still coming on it and much to be done. Legion will release in 4 months and pre-patch comes month before release. So when do they intend to start beta then? I'm sure alpha will be at least 1 more month so that would leave beta to be 2 months. I'm not sure how they will balance everything by release.

Hopefully they will. I'm looking forward to hopefully get beta though.

As far as technical, it would be amazing if Blizzard supports DX12 in WoW cause the game seriously needs it. It's bad.

Performance can really suffer in large fights, specially large PvP fights. Even standing in crowded town performance is terrible.

About legacy classic Vanilla it would be amazing if Blizzard reconsidered and opened them. They could make it along side retail with same subscription for both. I'm sure that would bring more than 1M subscribers.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

13 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Good it's coming sooner, as Blizzard said, they wanted to start releasing expansions sooner.

Either way I'll be playing it, I play WoW from start up till now. Last few years mainly PvP that keeps me in game. I do less PvE though. But I really do enjoy PvP (even though imbalance here and there) and I play it competitive. No any other MMORPG out there that haves attention or that PvP is good like WoW system, which feels responsive and haves momentum, though some are really close and quite solid.

As far as raiding, I would like to see 40man again, cause that's just awesome and epic. And PvP wise they really need to update and hotfix changes sooner on live more frequent rather than some minor changes on PTR like yearly. More major changes can be good and easily adjusted by need. All in all they need to do balancing updates more frequent and on live servers.

Legion alpha is still on and there's content still coming on it and much to be done. Legion will release in 4 months and pre-patch comes month before release. So when do they intend to start beta then? I'm sure alpha will be at least 1 more month so that would leave beta to be 2 months. I'm not sure how they will balance everything by release.

Hopefully they will. I'm looking forward to hopefully get beta though.

As far as technical, it would be amazing if Blizzard supports DX12 in WoW cause the game seriously needs it. It's bad.

Performance can really suffer in large fights, specially large PvP fights. Even standing in crowded town performance is terrible.

About legacy classic Vanilla it would be amazing if Blizzard reconsidered and opened them. They could make it along side retail with same subscription for both. I'm sure that would bring more than 1M subscribers.

I'm mostly do pve, though I have played pvp on occasion and it's not too bad. Druids, Rouges and Hunters are quite OP in pvp.

Hunters and Druids especially.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I'm mostly do pve, though I have played pvp on occasion and it's not too bad. Druids, Rouges and Hunters are quite OP in pvp.

Hunters and Druids especially.

Yeah it's great once you get into it continuously. Druids are broken by far now. Rouges are for control yes and certain devastating openers at certain time. But nothing as annoying as hunters :)

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

32 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Instead of editing the initial post I quoted you in I figured to just make a new post...

Anyways, I don't think it should just be vanilla that gets legacy servers. 

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Instead of editing the initial post I quoted you in I figured to just make a new post...

Anyways, I don't think it should just be vanilla that gets legacy servers. 

Yes of course only Vanilla.

Just now, wcreek said:

Why? 

It wouldn't fragment people and that's a great thing for everyone though.

5 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

It wouldn't fragment people and that's a great thing for everyone though.

I don't think this would be a problem, as you're still sort of doing that anyways by having a legacy server. If that is the concern.

I personally think at least Vanillia, BC, and WotLK should at least be the expansions/versions of WoW that get legacy servers.

I would pay for a sub to a WotLK legacy server. If it was only Vanilla I wouldn't bother.

9 hours ago, wcreek said:

I don't think this would be a problem, as you're still sort of doing that anyways by having a legacy server. If that is the concern.

I personally think at least Vanillia, BC, and WotLK should at least be the expansions/versions of WoW that get legacy servers.

I would pay for a sub to a WotLK legacy server. If it was only Vanilla I wouldn't bother.

Fair I guess. But even if it would happen that Blizzard decides to open legacy servers they would probably not open multiple expansions at once.

3 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

Fair I guess. But even if it would happen that Blizzard decides to open legacy servers they would probably not open multiple expansions at once.

That'd make sense. One expansion at a time.

I just think that Vanilla is not necessarily everyone's favorite version of WoW. Like I like WotLK.

5 minutes ago, wcreek said:

That'd make sense. One expansion at a time.

I just think that Vanilla is not necessarily everyone's favorite version of WoW. Like I like WotLK.

Actually most people are mainly interested in vanilla again. Cause so many played it, yet most of those stopped later on, whenever.

1 minute ago, Doobeedoo said:

Actually most people are mainly interested in vanilla again. Cause so many played it, yet most of those stopped later on, whenever.

Oh definitely, Vanilla is generally what got WoW popular. Fragmentation might be a concern but if Blizz did more than one expansion for legacy servers it could probably bring more revenue than just having vanilla legacy servers.