What to buy

Hello People. I am building a computer. IT will probably take about a year and a half to get all the parts. I have found that the hardest part of the build will be the mother board. I only need 1 psix slot since i don't need sli nor want to spend the money. I want usb 3.0, i7 cpu, eventually a 980 gpu currently will be a 650ti, willing to get a wireless internet card if its not built in ( i run wired now but some places dont allow for this.) and future proofing. What mother board should i get. I also don't over clock since i want a good rig but i'm not an enthusiast its just If i'm going to pay for gaming and all the games come to pc anyway I may as well spend my money there. price point i would like it to be no more than $250 if possible

Why don't you save up and wait that year and a half before buying? That way, you'll have access to the latest hardware and not have an obsolete system from the start :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Why don't you save up and wait that year and a half before buying? That way, you'll have access to the latest hardware and not have an obsolete system from the start :P

Nah. He should really wait and save up for 4 years. Then he'll be able to build an even bitchin'er rig in 2020!

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

The Whole build revolves around around the Motherboard ! You can find a VERY GOOD board on Many sites ! But Remember this , They Often go Fast ! Then you will be left to searching the off brand sites to find a decent board ! I had LUCK`D up and found a VERY decent board that has a Fairly New system bios ! This will do ME just fine ! I understand what you mean on the topic ! I Don`t wanna Buy the NEXT coolest thing to just do what seems to be a die-ing field . I can find myself Lost in the sea of What Should i buy Rather that What I WONT to purchase ! The boards prices are coming down fairly Quickly now that the NEWEST NEXT BEST THING has hit the market !!! You can research the sites , New Egg , Amazon , PCpartPicker.com and just do a little LOCAL search into your LOCAL ebay and As bad as I hate to recomend it but, Craigslist , Just remember to MAKE contact BEFORE you meet ANYBODY !!! and ALL-WAYS meet at a POLICE dept. Near you . NEVER meet ANYONE outside these areas ! And if they don`t want to meet at a POLICE dept. BLOCK THEM IMEDIATELY !!!!!! A good board is ONLY determined on YOUR Idea of what YOU think is GOOD ! and DO listen to the guy`s that give link advice that you CAN actually hit the link to research for yourself ! Just Watch out for bit links ! DONT HIT NO bit link !!! read the info CAREFULLY !!!! GOOD luck !! I wished I was More informed myself but, At least I CAN help you understand whom to and what to look for in your search . GOOD LUCK ! BE SAFE !

44 minutes ago, Winchester469 said:

Hello People. I am building a computer. IT will probably take about a year and a half to get all the parts. I have found that the hardest part of the build will be the mother board. I only need 1 psix slot since i don't need sli nor want to spend the money. I want usb 3.0, i7 cpu, eventually a 980 gpu currently will be a 650ti, willing to get a wireless internet card if its not built in ( i run wired now but some places dont allow for this.) and future proofing. What mother board should i get. I also don't over clock since i want a good rig but i'm not an enthusiast its just If i'm going to pay for gaming and all the games come to pc anyway I may as well spend my money there. price point i would like it to be no more than $250 if possible

As stated by everyone above, your best bet is to save the money and purchase your parts once you have enough saved for all of them and are closer to the build.  Over the course of 1.5 years, many of the parts that you could buy today or in a couple of months will have dropped in price.  Not to mention that you never know where you'll be in life a year or two down the road.  You will generally always spend more money buying parts over time than you would have waiting and buying at once.  Not always, but generally speaking.

How are you going to test the parts that you buy today?  I'd always test something within it's return period.  You're not going to have much luck trying to return it, but some parts may still have warranty for a possible RMA through the manufacturer.  Not worth the risk in my opinion.

If you still want to get started now stick with platforms that are carrying on into future iterations such as LGA 1151 and LGA 2011 v3 sockets.  This will give you the choice between previous generation and current generation CPUs at the time of your actual build.  With that said, those motherboards will be available at even better prices when you actually get around to building so waiting is still your best choice.

23 minutes ago, RustyBaked said:

LOCAL search into your LOCAL ebay and As bad as I hate to recomend it but, Craigslist , Just remember to MAKE contact BEFORE you meet ANYBODY !!! and ALL-WAYS meet at a POLICE dept. Near you . NEVER meet ANYONE outside these areas ! And if they don`t want to meet at a POLICE dept. BLOCK THEM IMEDIATELY !!!!!!

In my opinion, exercising the 2nd Amendment is a good option for these types of meets.  I buy stuff from local sellers all the time and have never met at a Police Station.  I think that's a great option, but definitely not the only option.  

You're definitely right about the contacting and communicating before a meet.  You can spare yourself a lot of wasted time by getting to know who you are dealing with.

Thanks guys. I understand the saving up part what I meant for the year and half is I will have everything completed for that time such as getting the ssd, and a better 32 inch tv that supports 1080p. Its more that I have in mind that I will buy the motherboard and processor as a single buy now then upgrade as I go. since I am currently bottle necking my gpu as it is with using a tv monitor only good for 720p and an an I 3 3.3 gh processor. I can bring parts from my old rig that will work until I get the money for a good gpu. I have a tb hard-drive that's perfectly fine for music and movie storage, and I will be buying an ssd for gaming and windows and I don't think I will need more than a 980 for most games that I want to play now and by the time I get through them and what ever comes out during this cycle it will be 5-10 years and will have to do a new build anyway. for the ssd I will wait the year for the price drop and will probably be the last thing I buy since I will have to figure out how to transfer just my op and some games to it. so I guess it comes to what motherboard should I be looking at a price drop for. in the next 6 months? 

Yes ! if you can take older stuff to use such NEWER items , YES , ME I am fixing to get a X&( amd a chipset installed ! I have to find EVERTHING ELSE !! and while looking around , I HAVE ! I have put a , 4 3,500 sytem together for UNDER $ 800 !!! I have sum stuff here when i get sum parts i can start testing ! You see , I HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION to Linus and Jay amd and Jerry AND ALL OF THESE GUY`s !!! ALL of them ARE my mentor `s ! I havent been around this side of computing EVER ! and I amfinding it OK ? Sum could MAKE it better but I see you here and the way they help you < MAKES me feel welcome !!!! So TAke care BRO . LATER !!

NO !!! that WASNT AN AMD chipset !!! I dont know HOW that happened ? It WAS , A X79 With chipset installed !!! Xeon 6 core 16 thread , GREAT little board !!!

I would go amd but their sets are confusing. With nividia the bigger the number the better it is. Much more simple to quickly know what the top line is plus i like  vsynch for when I run emulators.

1 hour ago, Winchester469 said:

I would go amd but their sets are confusing. With nividia the bigger the number the better it is. Much more simple to quickly know what the top line is plus i like  vsynch for when I run emulators.

With amd it is the same with larger numbered card being more powerful, such as the r9 390 being better then the r9 380,and the "x" for all of the inbetween versions that are better binned cards and clocked higher then the regular non x versions,  and the fury lineup as their top end.

For comparison the nvidia 980 is roughly equivalent to a r9 390x or fury. 

But, vsync isn't dependent on the hardware as it works on amd, nvidia, and intel gpus.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

I want to get a motherboard That has USB 3.1/ 8 ram slots /Max of 128GB of RAM/ 4 graphic card slots /and everything else esential