PC build

hi,

I am going to be building a computer soon and there is a link to parts below. I am going to try and build one as cheaply as possible whilst still allowing for upgrade-ability. I will not be putting a GPU in when I first build it however will probably be adding one later along with a hard drive and CPU cooler. As I said before I want to build it cheaply and would like some help with choosing the parts as I have not built a PC before and am currently using a laptop for gaming.

Thanks

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/xWWcZL

What is your budget? 300 pounds?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I suggest going with and AMD CPU if you're on this tight of a budget.

And if you say "Intel Master Race", no. Unless you plan on upgrading to i5 or an i7 pretty soon (which will be easier with the i3's mobo), you should go AMD.

I'm also going to be that guy and say watch out with cheap Corsair power supplies. See if there's more reliable stuff (EVGA, XFX...) avaiable at the same price range.

Also, budget and build uses if you want better suggestions.

(If gaming, tell us which is the heaviest game you want to run. A League Of Legends machine is not the same as a Crysis 3 machine)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

would like to upgrade to i5 in future if need better CPU.

budget is about £300.

Why not the PSU because corsair is a good make and it is easily enough watts and has 80+ gold?

probably be running skyrim at lowest setting before GPU and same for assassins creed rogue. Not sure which is heaviest tho

Oh boy :P

Corsair is good for PSU's. If you give them enough money that is. Their cheaper models WORK, yet, their boundaries are way lower then others. Too much stress and bam, you're boned. On the other hand, in certain/most situations, you should be fine.

Read the above for reference on Corsair's CX(M) series!

If you plan to upgrade to i5, I would suggest to plainly wait. Skyrim is more CPU intensive iirc, and believe me, with my second generation mobile i5 (second generation), it's not a dream to run. At all. If you have the choice, save up for an i5.

Also, do you plan to overclock your i5?

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

22 minutes ago, aprofile said:

would like to upgrade to i5 in future if need better CPU.

budget is about £300.

Why not the PSU because corsair is a good make and it is easily enough watts and has 80+ gold?

If you ARE planning to upgrade in the future, then things will be more complicated. You'll be wasting money if you go this route, instead of simply buying a better build later.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

probably but the amount I overclock it would be different depending on which one I choose. Also I have mobile i5 in the laptop I currently use for gaming and it currently does not run into any problems apart from minor thermal throttling and the cheapest i5 I can find new is around £150. I think I might just go for an i3 as I would like to use a intel CPU to have the option to go for an i5 or i7 if I want/ need to later even if I don't actually do that.

regarding the PSU thank you for telling me as I believed that they were good quality before this. Also, would this PSU be ok instead?

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Power+Supplies/Non-Modular+650W+or+less/XFX+XT+Series+400W+80+Plus+Bronze+Power+Supply?productId=65946

Hey @aprofile, since you said you will be upgrading in the future, can you save some money now and aim for a part list like this?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£169.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£52.08 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£29.80 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£37.98 @ Novatech)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  (£259.98 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£29.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (£57.12 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £636.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-21 17:05 BST+0100

4 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Hey @aprofile, since you said you will be upgrading in the future, can you save some money now and aim for a part list like this?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£169.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (£52.08 @ Ebuyer)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  (£29.80 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£37.98 @ Novatech)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  (£259.98 @ Ebuyer)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£28.95 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (£57.12 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £635.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-21 17:03 BST+0100

I unfortunately would probably take a long time to get enough money for that and I would really like a PC ASAP.

And also I am pretty sure that you just told me to buy a PSU from a well known manufacturer like XFX and are now suggesting a make I have not heard of before.

Edited by aprofile

1 hour ago, aprofile said:

I unfortunately would probably take a long time to get enough money for that and I would really like a PC ASAP.

And also I am pretty sure that you just told me to buy a PSU from a well known manufacturer like XFX and are now suggesting a make I have not heard of before.

(That was me)

I was giving examples. There's a multitude of good models and brands out there. Do your research.

Basic guide to CPU's!

3 hours ago, aprofile said:

Alright buddy, can you make for my list but without the GPU? The price will come down to £376.96, but you will be stuck with the integrated GPU. Still, better than nothing, while getting a much faster CPU. ;)

Get a GPU later when you save enough money in the future. Great CPU + Great GPU = Win win. ^_^

Edited by Shahnewaz