Sinking office/gaming chair?

I am an SSD

I know this is not exactly a tech question but Im sure as there is a lot of people who game here there will be someone who has faced the problem of their gaming chair sinking to the base height by itself after extended usage for maybe a year or so.....

If yes, then can anyone suggest an idea to fix it (other than buying a new one of course) ?

Please vote for Donald Trump. I am out of sitcoms to watch.

When lyfe gives you HDDs, make SSDs

Spoiler

1 minute ago, I am an SSD said:

If yes, then can anyone suggest an idea to fix it (other than buying a new one of course) ?

Replace the gas lift cylinder, can get them off amazon etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

8 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Replace the gas lift cylinder, can get them off amazon etc

But thats going to fail in a year anyway right?

I saw hacks with a PVC pipe, and chair saver kits etc...

Spoiler

Just now, I am an SSD said:

Why? ive had some chairs for years and year and have never failed

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

7 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Why? ive had some chairs for years and year and have never failed

well the chair im sitting on is not even a year old and the problem actually started 3 months ago. I guess it all depends on how much you spend on the thing in the beginning. 

I may try the PVC pipe technique. If its not very elegant ill go for the gas cyclinder

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

Who says that? i have a chair that is 12 years old and used for hundreds of hours and still doesn't do that.

9 minutes ago, I am an SSD said:

well the chair im sitting on is not even a year old and the problem actually started 3 months ago. I guess it all depends on how much you spend on the thing in the beginning. 

I may try the PVC pipe technique. If its not very elegant ill go for the gas cyclinder

Could just be a freak incident, I sit in this utterly shit office chair and have been using it 3 years, 9 hours a day in the office, and its as sturdy as the day I bought it

my chair at home is about 5 years old, no issue

only one chair in my life has ever had a gas lift fail and I just bought some £10 one off amazon and replaced it and its been fine since

I have a DX Racer which I have been sitting on every day for the last two year with no issues. As @ShadowCaptain said could just be a freak. 

Some of our office chairs at work do that and other don't even tho we got them at the same time.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

You're either too fat for your chair, or it's a faulty shaft. Either way, get in touch with the manufacturers and tell them, I am sure they'll send you a new shaft. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

8 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

You're either too fat for your chair, or it's a faulty shaft. Either way, get in touch with the manufacturers and tell them, I am sure they'll send you a new shaft. 

haha...okay i am 180lbs but surely that cant be as much as a factor can it? Because I know some heavier people who have had a better experiences with chairs.....we're talking maybe 5 years on an cheap amazon bought chair. Ill try the manufacturers, though ill be surprised if they get back to me..

Spoiler