Will PSU Fail?

Potato7

Is an "Ace V23 750W" likely to fail? It came with my case.

1 minute ago, Jupiterjazz said:

it is advisable that you use something from Seasonic or Corsair if you don't want fire hazard

dont shop by brand, shop by the model

depends what kind of system you're using, light load ones should do fine

but if you're getting a mid-range pc, i recommend:

EVGA SuperNOVA GS/B2/G2/P2

Corsair RMi/HXi/AX

any PSU from Seasonic <--- trusted brand

or you can check out the guide in my signature to look for more options

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

That's hard to say, generally speaking most people opt to not trust the PSU's included with chassis. Personally I've never heard of Ace brand PSU's and looking up the power supply it doesn't have any 80 Plus Certification so I wouldn't dare run it at full load continuously. The comments section on the website I'm looking at has very mixed review but too many people say it's junk for me to personally use it.

Seasonic

Corsair

EVGA

Kingwin

Any of those brands in particular and make sure it's 80 Plus Certified. When building a computer on a budget the one thing not to skimp out on is the PSU. That doesn't mean buy the most powerful one just one from a reputable vendor and that has 80 Plus Certification.

A PSU from an unknown brand that comes with a case (which is honestly a red flag), no 80 Plus Certification and very likely to contain low quality parts. Something I would stay well away from - should not be used if you're looking for reliability and longevity.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

9 hours ago, Potato7 said:

Is an "Ace V23 750W" likely to fail? It came with my case.

Only you can prevent forest fires.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Anything recent from Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic, Be Quiet, or CM should work.

For a less pricey option try a Corsair CX750M. Semi-modular and bronze for 50 usd.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:54 PM, Jupiterjazz said:

it is advisable that you use something from Seasonic or Corsair if you don't want fire hazard

Really, where did this come from?  I know a guy who's run hundreds of el-cheapo PSU's in a computer lab setting 24/7, and not one has seen a failure remotely close to resembling a "fire hazard". 

28 minutes ago, Mark77 said:

Really, where did this come from?  I know a guy who's run hundreds of el-cheapo PSU's in a computer lab setting 24/7, and not one has seen a failure remotely close to resembling a "fire hazard". 

maybe the guy you know who runs el-cheapo psu have el-cheapo hardwares in a computer lab setting 24/7