Best laptop for live performances.

ReillyP

Just like the name says, I do live producing and DJ'ing and my old laptop is not cutting it anymore. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations as I'd rather not go apple. 

thanks

Paintball meet up KD 7(8?)/1 + one capture 

dat duckface doe 

If you want to be Skrillex, a MacBook. If you want to work well, get something with an i7 Quad, 16GB RAM and a 17 inch screen.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yea? I need something has a really nice look not some like dragons with red flames on the back. I can't walk up there with an alienware because any pc gamer I know has shunned them for price to power ratios since dell bought them.

dat duckface doe 

Razer Blade Pro...looks awesome! 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Razer Blade Pro...looks awesome! 

Actually, not a bad suggestion at all.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-pro/

Great laptop, I wouldn't use it personally because I want full access to my hardware with ease.

Or a Lenovo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312835

I don't know how "sleek" and "portable" you'd want it. Do you have a budget?

Actually, not a bad suggestion at all.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-blade-pro/

Great laptop, I wouldn't use it personally because I want full access to my hardware with ease.

Or a Lenovo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312835

I don't know how "sleek" and "portable" you'd want it. Do you have a budget?

Y510 is nice, the keyboard is SUPERB! the trackpad is decent too.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Really? See I'd like to have something that doesn't look like a brick. My budget it preferably 2000- however I can push 3000. 

dat duckface doe 

What programs are you using? What interfaces are you using? Will this be solely for DJing? If not, then go Apple. 

Really? See I'd like to have something that doesn't look like a brick. My budget it preferably 2000- however I can push 3000. 

What exactly are you looking for performance wise? what kind of programs are you going to be running?

Hail Sithis!

What programs are you using? What interfaces are you using? Will this be solely for DJing? If not, then go Apple. 

Damn you beat me to the punch :P 

Hail Sithis!

If you don't want apple, pretty well the only option that isn't SSD only and is small sleek form factor is something like a MSI gs70, they're powerful, sleek, and have lots of storage.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Ableton live with all my synths and whatnot for live production.
Traktor for djing.

Other equipment such as a distor pedal, a few midi controllers, a synth,  2 turn tables and a mixer will be in the sound loop.

It may not be super super load intensive however if something goes wrong live i can't wait 30 seconds on a wheel of death, it needs to be fast and it needs to be able to run everything i need it to run. 

dat duckface doe 

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

ahh What i don't like for the razerblade is the graphics card. I can't justify that much money for a sub-par graphics card. 

dat duckface doe 

ahh What i don't like for the razerblade is the graphics card. I can't justify that much money for a sub-par graphics card. 

Sub par.........it's fantastic and fast. 765M is one of the fastest Mobile GPU's out there....

Hail Sithis!

Thinkpad for the durability amd sleek lools.

Thinkpad for the durability amd sleek lools.

Unless you're talking about the X series, Thinkpad's are not exactly sleek..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Unless you're talking about the X series, Thinkpad's are not exactly sleek..

not a fan of industrial design then?

not a fan of industrial design then?

I have a Thinkpad. I like it but you should probably look up the definition of sleek.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I have a Thinkpad. I like it but you should probably look up the definition of sleek.

Its black? Doesnt black always equate to sleek?

So what would term would yo use to describe a ThinkPad's design or maybe something like this?

IMG_5673-h.jpg

Look at any of their ultrabooks they should be plenty good looking. The new ones should be out soon if their not out already.

Its black? Doesnt black always equate to sleek?

So what would term would yo use to describe a ThinkPad's design or maybe something like this?

Look at any of their ultrabooks they should be plenty good looking. The new ones should be out soon if their not out already.

afe597847402878263f80acd4890c8e4.png

Thinkpads are far from glossy.

IdeaPads are sleek. ThinkPads are rugged and industrial.

Hail Sithis!

afe597847402878263f80acd4890c8e4.png

Thinkpads are far from glossy.

Yes i know the definition you should expand it because there is more to it that just being glossy. The other thing is that first line was suposed to be more of a joke kinda like women and their black dress.

What term would you use to describe the visual design characteristics of a thinkpad and the speakers i posted (Adam A5X and Sub7)? Yo could throw the ASUS Essence One in as well since it in the picture. Another thing that would fit in tat category to me would be ASUS's PA series monitors.

IdeaPads are sleek. ThinkPads are rugged and industrial.

I dont know if those are terms to describe the visual design of something to be they would be more descriptors of build quality.

What term would you use to describe the visual design characteristics of a thinkpad and the speakers i posted (Adam A5X and Sub7)? Yo could throw the ASUS Essence One in as well since it in the picture. Another thing that would fit in tat category to me would be ASUS's PA series monitors.

I dont know if those are terms to describe the visual design of something to be they would be more descriptors of build quality.

There are things that look rugged and industrial and things that don't. These words can be used to describe how something looks as long as the person it's being described to has a point of reference for those descriptors. 

Anyway, Thinkpads aside from the X series are thick and rugged--not 'streamlined' which would fall under sleek.

I'm not sure how to describe the A5X but they are far from sleek as they are not thin and not smooth but with ridges and bumps over the front.