should i get the x99 godlike gaming, x99a xpower ac, or x99a gaming 9 ack

basicly theyre the same price, so which one should i get?

(same price is ~$350)

Thanks

edit;/ also, throwing in the x99a gaming 9 ack

I thought the god like was like $600? I guess it depends on what kind of features you need. Lots of bling and high quality audio, it depends on what you need/want from a board.

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

I thought the god like was like $600? I guess it depends on what kind of features you need. Lots of bling and high quality audio, it depends on what you need/want from a board.

the fool on ebay bent the usb 3 pins.

eh, i just want it to work. its better if it looks nice and such, but it really doesnt matter if you ask me, lol

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

the fool on ebay bent the usb 3 pins.

eh, i just want it to work. its better if it looks nice and such, but it really doesnt matter if you ask me, lol

Hmm, what if you need those ports? Also I sure hope you have a red and black color scheme :D 

ASU

1 hour ago, Hackentosher said:

Hmm, what if you need those ports? Also I sure hope you have a red and black color scheme :D 

everythings set up for red, but ill paint the xpower if i do get it, as it doesnt bother me.

ill just get a pcie to usb 3 i buess lol, and this personons gotta be a dumbass in the first place for me to have to get a pcie one.

theres 2 usb 3 ports on the board

1 hour ago, harrynowl said:

You should get a good board like the RVE :P

The only decent one from MSI is the Godlike which is a bit expensive. 

rve?

the xpowers not that good?

1 hour ago, Bajantechnician said:

everythings set up for red, but ill paint the xpower if i do get it, as it doesnt bother me.

ill just get a pcie to usb 3 i buess lol, and this personons gotta be a dumbass in the first place for me to have to get a pcie one.

theres 2 usb 3 ports on the board

rve?

the xpowers not that good?

Rampage V Extreme.

One of the Xpower doesn't have a OC socket and it has the same VRM build as the lower end one. The other one does and still has the other problem. Not worth for the price unless you must have yellow. 

The other board that's decent is the SOC Champion but they tend to die, a lot. I hear the new Rev 1.1 hopes to fix this.

Rampage V Extreme.

One of the Xpower doesn't have a OC socket and it has the same VRM build as the lower end one. The other one does and still has the other problem. Not worth for the price unless you must have yellow. 

The other board that's decent is the SOC Champion but they tend to die, a lot. I hear the new Rev 1.1 hopes to fix this.

ahh. i was hoping to keep cost down.

is the x99a xpower ac stilla good board though?

im leaning more towardds that due to price

I just had a quick look on newegg and the RVE is $70 more than the Xpower. If it's like that elsewhere get the RVE all day :P 

The Xpower is an ok board (as long as it's the oc socket one imo) but doesn't justify the price tag. 

The X99 OC Formula isn't bad either :) 

2 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

The godlike at that price is quite a bargain, and you could always get some pro to repair the connector for pretty cheap... either way all the mobs you list are good options. I would go for the X99a xpower otherwise 

I just had a quick look on newegg and the RVE is $70 more than the Xpower. If it's like that elsewhere get the RVE all day :P 

The Xpower is an ok board (as long as it's the oc socket one imo) but doesn't justify the price tag. 

lol, i like he "armoured" look, hence inop i said i wanted the shield thing lol

and yeah, ima get the oc socket one if i do get it

1 hour ago, jwakeford said:

The godlike at that price is quite a bargain, and you could always get some pro to repair the connector for pretty cheap... either way all the mobs you list are good options. I would go for the X99a xpower otherwise 

thats true lol.

i dont know, ill prob get the x99a

4 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

lol, i like he "armoured" look, hence inop i said i wanted the shield thing lol

and yeah, ima get the oc socket one if i do get it

thats true lol.

i dont know, ill prob get the x99a

By the way, if you are also intending on buying a haswell E you should wait.

Your best bet is to wait for the release of broadwell-E processors at the very beginning of June @Computex. 

The next Broadwell-E processor in line is supposedly the Core i7-6900K, with eight cores, 16 threads, a base clock of 3.2GHz, and a boost clock of 3.7GHz. This chip will only have 20MB of L3 cache, a TDP of 140-watts, and sport a cheaper estimated price of $999. Intel’s six-core i7-6850K CPU isn’t quite as expensive, offering an estimated pricetag of around $550. That buys a chip with a base clock speed of 3.6GHz, a boost clock speed of 3.8GHz, and 15MB of L3 cache.

Most affordable of the line is the i7-6800K processor, priced at around $390. It will also have six cores, but a base clock speed of 3.4GHz, and a boost clock speed of 3.6GHz, with 15MB of L3 Cache.

I would go for the 6850K .

By the way, if you are also intending on buying a haswell E you should wait.

Your best bet is to wait for the release of broadwell-E processors at the very beginning of June @Computex. 

The next Broadwell-E processor in line is supposedly the Core i7-6900K, with eight cores, 16 threads, a base clock of 3.2GHz, and a boost clock of 3.7GHz. This chip will only have 20MB of L3 cache, a TDP of 140-watts, and sport a cheaper estimated price of $999. Intel’s six-core i7-6850K CPU isn’t quite as expensive, offering an estimated pricetag of around $550. That buys a chip with a base clock speed of 3.6GHz, a boost clock speed of 3.8GHz, and 15MB of L3 cache.

Most affordable of the line is the i7-6800K processor, priced at around $390. It will also have six cores, but a base clock speed of 3.4GHz, and a boost clock speed of 3.6GHz, with 15MB of L3 Cache.

I would go for the 6850K .

i need the chips as of now lol

3 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

i need the chips as of now lol

Tough call !  

Check out this guy's videos they helped prevent me from biting the bullet too early ! 
Highly recommended ( not just this one pretty much the last 10 ) 

43 minutes ago, harrynowl said:

Rampage V Extreme.

The RVE warranty is basically non existent same with the SOC (to a lesser degree)

OP if you like how it looks and it has the original receipt and works fine otherwise go for it.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

The RVE warranty is basically non existent same with the SOC (to a lesser degree)

OP if you like how it looks and it has the original receipt and works fine otherwise go for it.

ahh, lol

will do.

thanks

ahh, lol

will do.

thanks

whats better, a 5820k for dual 390x cards, or a 5930x

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

Tough call !  

Check out this guy's videos they helped prevent me from biting the bullet too early ! 
Highly recommended ( not just this one pretty much the last 10 ) 

2 hours ago, harrynowl said:

2 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

alright boys,

ordered the x99a xpower from ebay, $303 usd.

guy had liek 20+ positive reviews